What lock is what?

BrodiesLVMama

What are you waiting for?
Jun 3, 2006
I am in need of a lock for a really beat up Speedy and thought I'd buy a used one on eBay. What is the difference in all of the numbers and does it matter which I get? This must sound really dumb but I am very ignorant to the lock thing.

I'm not sure about the number, but I don't think it should matter what lock and key you get (most sellers put whether the lock and key can be used on the speedy, alma, etc.).

OK, some also are polished, some look dull (brushed or etched) some are titanium and some steel...obviously I want a brass but did some bags come with polished and some with the brushed look? I like the brushed looking ones cause they look older and I think a shiny new polished one might look ridiculous on a beat old bag. So? What's the expert verdict?

A certain lock # came with my speedy but it was scratched so I emailed eLux and got anothet lock set but it was a different #.

Maybe some lines have brass and some have different kinds of locks? As far as #s go, I don't think there's a difference.