Tech What laptop do you own?

As a side note: I don't think a laptop should replace desktops, no matter how awesome they are. It can be the POWER MAC 5000 that can do everything and blend for all I care.

Little known tidbit: laptop batteries eventually run out and have to be replaced. Also, price-to-price, desktops are a lot faster than laptops, PC or MAC
Just a little info about laptop speed-todays new machines, LT's especially, are as quick or quicker, equal too, any desktop-the machines speed is dependent on processor config, software installed & setup. Batteries are being designed to last longer with the new processors being more efficient its an all-win situation. Power supplies do fail in desk-tops/all-in-ones, both types do fail for different reasons. Most LT's today are not user friendly in that they are not designed to be opened by the home user, now a warranty issue if service is other than certified tecks. The new laptops are basically 'what u buy is what u have', in that they are a non-upgradable device, they can be worked but usually not advised on the 'package' machines. Dependability is about the same on all pc's today. I always tell prospective buyers to buy as much processor as u can afford & buy SSD's for the hard drive or C drive as referred to-less moving parts to fail, lower power consumption, lower weight. They do seem to be getting better as the technology goes-stevie...:cool:

Just bought a MacBook Pro and I know nothing about it. I haven't used a laptop in years. I wonder if there are some classes you can take. I had it built because I wanted all the newest features. Just wish I new how to use them.

Im using 2 hp laptops, all solid-state with pretty much top of the line hardware, the new pc's are very fast & so far no problems, both using windows 10. My old sony vaio is over 8 years old using a centrino dual core processor which was one of the first for intel at the time-they have come a long way from that technology. The sony is slow & can only do a few operations at the same time but it still works pretty good & the software is still supported for the next few years. Even after 6 months, the hp pc's we own have been upgraded with newer processors that are quicker & more efficient than 6-8 months ago. The sony was updated with more memory & a SSD for quicker response on the web-today its hard to buy a bad pc anykind, they are all pretty good-stevie...;):cool:

I have a 13" macbook air, which I run kali linux on. I adore it because the formfactor is so sturdy and the keyboard if so easy to use, but I wish it came in the same rose gold that the phone comes in.
Of course, I don't play video games on my laptop though.

Asus Zenbook with a 13' screen and i7 core from 2012. Still going strong since I use my work laptop more --> MacBook Air 13' with 8GB RAM. Almost 3 years old now and still very good. I'm not used to laptops surviving that long :lol: