What kind of women use LV?

As a straight male, I don't think that there's any "type" that carries it at all. I have a lot of monogram, including a Bosphore backpack, waterproof keepall and some luggage, and while I'm sure people think it's fake, it is not, and that's what matters. If people think I'm pretentious because I'm not using a $40 duffel bag, that's their loss for being judgmental. They probably think my J12s are fake as well, but again, that's not my problem or something I care about. My GF usually has a special-edition LV with her when we're out, and I'm sure the same applies to her.

If you had asked me 10 years ago, I would have said, air stewardesses and gold diggers.

How much I have learnt since then :roflmfao:

Being a very late starter (I did not get my first LV until I was 23 or 24), but I have come to appreciate LV's as exquisite works of art that you can wear.

If you understand the way LV is made... the handstitching, the handcrafting, and even the tooling etc. Everything done with such care and such pride... just made me truly understand what it meant to own an LV.

I love beautiful handbags and wallets, my partner loves watches, I think in a way both are similar because they relate to craftsmanship. In this day and age when everything is mass manufactured and made in China, a bit of care and pride in the way objects are crafted by artisans gives me that true feeling of a little bit of luxury, a little romance of bygone eras. :smile:

I think you care too much about what others think of you. Get an LV if you love it and want one, not b/c you think you are a certain type of person or are trying to fit in a certain crowd. People of all ages and from all walks of life carry LV. If someone wants to judge you for having one or wants to assume you are carrying a fake, let them b/c they aren't worth your time and friendship anyway if they are that negative.

wat girl/guy doesnt love lv? they just say it cause they arnt familiar with the brand. i gave my ex an lv ( and he hated lv in the past ) now he loves it. everytime i want a new bag, hes always like you should get another lv. its hallarious. but true!

I completely understand your anxiety. I attend a prestigious university where LV and Chanel sightings on campus are a dime a dozen. However, that is the typical undergraduate population. I'm in a PhD program on a full scholarship, so my own colleagues/classmates are usually not brand-conscious. Instead they complain about the rent and living expenses in our high-profile city, and they scoff at the 'ritzy' undergraduates. So I try not to take my LVs to school bc I don't wanna be labeled insensitive or show-offy. I myself am not rich or have wealthy parents, but the scholarship plus monthly stipend helps and my husband has a decent stable job, we have no kids and we're just generally good at money management (I never buy bags with CC, always with cash bc I don't tolerate debt so I'd rather save up for months). I can afford LVs but I don't wanna look like I do to my academic colleagues, however silly that may sound to other people.

I came into LV way late in life... after my divorce, etc. I work in education, have my MA, am an artist and I just love my bags. Everyone that I work with (they don't have LV), but they love my bags too! And, gave me an LV birthday cake last year...haha... I don't know. I'd rather wear inexpensive jeans and tees and carry a killer vernis..but, that's just me.

Hi! Welcome to TPF!!! I think you're giving this way too much thought! I'm 23 and I own several LV's my first was bought when I was only 16. One of the most important life lessons I've learned is who cares what other people think of you (or your bag). If you want LV get it and carry it proudly! I'm sure people probably wonder if mine are fake. Just this past weekend I got my nails done and the women thought my LV wallet was fake b/c it was heat stamped!!! I just laughed at her stupidity, but women who know LV will recognize the quality of "real" LV!!!

I think it all comes down to personal taste. I bought my first LV when I graduated college and worked in a law firm for 4 years. I prefer the monogram line, and depending on the day, you may see me in yoga pants and a tank with my Speedy proudly displayed on my arm or I'll be dressed up going somewhere with my LV proudly with me. I'm 28, single, and now a grad student working on my Masters and Phd in English, and I could care less if someone thinks my bag is fake or if they think the logo is flashy. I like it and that's all that matters to me.

I'm a midwest 20yr old and I carry LV. I also pay for mine, I just enjoy the nice quality. I say buy what you love and don't care about what other people think. Girls in the midwest have style too!!