Home & Garden What Kind Of Vacuum Do You Use?

I just wanna address the Miele is the best comments.

Called my mom who got a Miele to replace her old Electrolux (now called Aerus) that she had for around 25 years. Yeah, crazy.

She said the Miele was nice, light and quiet, but the power on her old Electrolux couldn't be beat.

My Bosch is probably almost 10 years old now and it's wonderful. It's a compact canister because we used to live in a tiny apartment. I still appreciate its compact-ness, and it's always worked beautifully on hardwood and carpet.

This is a pic of the current equivalent. Not too much has changed about it.

MCSA028190_BSD3030_def.jpg

Dyson DC59 motorhead. i love it's compact, lightweight and functionality. perfect for our 2-bdrm NYC apartment.
I was considering that one....our house is bigger than your apartment but I thought maybe something like this could be used more frequently and maybe one day do part of the house and another day do another part - rather than vacuuming the whole house at once. Suction on this is good for wood floors and area rugs? some reports say it's a strong as a full size wired vacuum

yes, it's suction is very good for both hardwood and carpet floors but i wouldn't recommend it if your house is bigger than 3 bedroom. the battery only lasts for about 15-20 minutes. but it's very good and functional for everyday vacuuming since it's lightweight and cordless.very ergonomic.

I was considering that one....our house is bigger than your apartment but I thought maybe something like this could be used more frequently and maybe one day do part of the house and another day do another part - rather than vacuuming the whole house at once. Suction on this is good for wood floors and area rugs? some reports say it's a strong as a full size wired vacuum

yes, it's suction is very good for both hardwood and carpet floors but i wouldn't recommend it if your house is bigger than 3 bedroom. the battery only lasts for about 15-20 minutes. but it's very good and functional for everyday vacuuming since it's lightweight and cordless.very ergonomic.
our house is 3 bedrooms. I'm tempted to try the Dyson. Some consumer ratings website recommended a hoover but I think they were taking price into consideration. The woman who was demonstrating the Dysons at Costco said she thought black friday would be a good time to get a sale. If I get one at Costco and don't love it I can always return it.

Have two Dysons. An upright and a cordless V6 Absolute. Love them both, especially the cordless. Husband just attached ours to the wall in the laundry room and made the whole thing that much cooler. Snap it off the wall, vacumn and pop it back to charge. One of the best home purchases we ever made :tup::tup::tup:

Reactions: Graw
I bought a Miele because it came in a color that matches my decor! I might have preferred a Dyson because it doesn't require bags, but I'm not sure. I don't vacuum very often since I use a cleaning service.

Have two Dysons. An upright and a cordless V6 Absolute. Love them both, especially the cordless. Husband just attached ours to the wall in the laundry room and made the whole thing that much cooler. Snap it off the wall, vacumn and pop it back to charge. One of the best home purchases we ever made :tup::tup::tup:
dyson V6 motorhead is gong on sale at Coscto and Best Buy black Friday....I'm on it