What kind of service at Coach do you usually get?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience/bad SA attitude.

I've had nothing but incredible experiences at Coach, whether I'm buying something or not...I am in the one in Bellevue Square near my house fairly often, and sometimes Alderwood Mall (Lynnwood, WA) for a change of scenery.

And when I was in Nashville for a week last year I had a day for a lil' shopping and hit the Mall at Green Hills...those SAs ROCK!!!

I've received excellent service at the boutique and outlets that I frequent. Multiple times they have gone out of their way to help me with things they aren't "technically" supposed to do. A few examples: The manager at the boutique let me exchange a PCE purse after PCE was over and gave me the PCE discount on the new purse AND on a mini skinny! I have also gotten a price adjustment at an outlet on a purse I didn't have with me. I had mailed the purse to my sister in another state and the price changed right after I mailed it. I took the receipt in and they gave me the price adjustment without having the purse there.

I've never had anything except good experiences at my coach boutique even though I've nearly always been wearing very casual clothes. I usually have a coach bag, but thats because most of the bags I carry are coach. But there have been a few times that I went after work with just my wallet in my pocket and gotten the same service.

I don't have a regular SA, either. But last time I was in there one SA spent half an hour looking through their whole website for the tattersall mini skinny for me because I forgot to bring the style number. Took us forever to find it because we kept oohing and ahhhing over the other new stuff! haha

I always get great service at one boutique in the area (Glendale, CA), but another store closer to my home is a nightmare! I will never go there again! That store, the SA's and the manager almost had me swearing off Coach for good. The SA's either ignore you, are rude, or just snotty and very unwelcoming.

Then I passed by the Glendale store again, and one of the SA's said HI and something like "come on in and look around" - which I did, and of course, felt like I was in a room with old friends. They totally won me back as a customer - but at their store only.

Outlets are always always fabulous! I've never had a bad experience there. I've been to nearly every outlet in So Cal, as well as Primm and Las Vegas, NV and they are fantastic!

I would consider the Glendale location to be my regular store as well since I'm like 10 minutes away ^^ but I haven't been in for a long while so I can't remember their service.

I've had great service in Roseville, MN, and in Grand Rapids, MI. Other than that, Coach.com treats me very well (but not my bank account) :upsidedown:
It's hard living an hour between a Coach boutique, or an outlet which is nearly 2 hours away. But I've worked in the Customer Service area in the corporate business sector, and I know that in an economy as competitive as this one, the customer HAS to be treated with the utmost care, friendliness, and respect. Mind you, as an associate, this is not always so easy to do, as people can be very rude and unreasonable. But the associate has to save their personal emotional reaction for outside of their workplace, no matter what. It's the professional thing to do.

Sorry your getting such poor service at your store. I would def stop shopping there, it sounds like they don't want your money. The ladies and gents at my store are really sweet. They've gone to the back to get fresh keyfobs without me asking and when I had to exchange my sunnies due to a scratch the SA just went to the back grabbed a fresh pair and I was on my way. So far I :heart: my coach store. 'Knocking on wood'.

Until I ran across a great SA at a fairly new boutique store near me, I wasn't happy with Coach's service at all!! Especially since the Coach stores I used to go to were near Nordstrom and I'd go from the fab Nordstrom service to seriously subpar Coach service. I haven't shopped at the Outlets much until recently and I've received amazing service every single time I've been at an outlet store - it doesn't matter if there are only a few people in the store or if there is a line down the sidewalk, the service is consistently excellent at the outlets! Frankly, I expect to get seriously good service at the boutiques, but sadly it seems to be getting worse - that's probably why I quit buying much Coach for several years. I'd just order online, but I've been doing that and keep having to return stuff because I couldn't try it on first - I have a hard time with shoulder straps on bags (narrow shoulders) so really need to try them on as it can vary greatly, but I hesitate to go into the boutiques and unfortunately the one that has the great SA doesn't have that great a selection of merchandise - it's a smaller store.

I've receive nothing but good service at Coach boutiques, even during PCE time when they're a lot busier. My main gripe is how long the wait time is to get something from the back or check out if there's a line.

My outlet experiences have only been so-so. Most of the time they're just too busy to offer any form of service, which is fine for me since I rarely see anything there that catches my eye.

I go to the Indianapolis boutique and I have always had great service. Everyone is very polite to me and they are very nice. I feel so bad about you ladies getting crappy service at your local boutiques!:sad:

The service is decent at the mall of america store. Theyre usually busy, but they great you and ask if you want help, ect. They don't helicopter over you (I hate that). Southdale and Galleria I get fawned over LOL. Probably because they are 2 minutes from my house so I'm always popping in there.

I am fairly new to buying from my Coach store. I have probably been in there a total of 6 times, and have purchased on 3 or 4 of those occasions.
There is this one SA that I have seen on all occasions, she is not friendly AT ALL. She doesn't smile, has never asked if I need help, just stands there. Frankly, it makes me uncomfortable coming in the store. The other SAs have been friendly and curtious and make up for it.
She did ring me up about a week ago when i purchased my flower charm, again, no smile, hardly spoke two words to me, and as i was taking a step to walk out the door, she says out of the blue, straightfaced, "is that for you"? I said, "yes, it is" and that was that. It was very awkward

I'm sorry you had a bad experience/bad SA attitude.

I've had nothing but incredible experiences at Coach, whether I'm buying something or not...I am in the one in Bellevue Square near my house fairly often, and sometimes Alderwood Mall (Lynnwood, WA) for a change of scenery.

And when I was in Nashville for a week last year I had a day for a lil' shopping and hit the Mall at Green Hills...those SAs ROCK!!!

I'm from Nashville (although I now live in NJ), and I can say honestly YES, those SAs rock at Green Hills!!! It's a very nice mall, actually...just kind of crowded in that area!!

After reading through this thread, I'm kinda scared to go to the Coach store near where I live. I've only been in there once during the Christmas shopping season so I can't really say how the people are there, but I'm planning on going in later this week to look for a bag. I'm wondering if it's just a better idea to try the Macy's in the mall instead...