What kind of service at Coach do you usually get?

I don't have a boutique nearby, but the one I go to whenever I have the chance is in downtown Portland. I have always had outstanding service, and the manager has gone above and beyond on a couple of occasions helping with a mail in return & exchange.

We just visited the outlets a couple weeks ago (I have yet to post pictures) and I had the most exceptional service ever. We go there a few times a year (Lincoln City, OR) and after the 8 1/2 hour car ride I was not the prettiest. I had on yoga pants and my new Barrett sneakers and the girls were so complimentary and couldn't believe we had left at 3:00 a.m. to get there! At the end of my visit they asked me if I'd write a thank you since I was so happy with how I was treated. I thought they meant mail a note in, but instead the manager brought me a note and asked if I'd write on it and they would post in on their employee board in the back. I ended up with a couple of cards from the girls who were helping me and I can't wait to go back.

^^^Yeah, to think I'm paying retail to get that kind of treatment. I was already ambivalent the last time I went when I had the SAs stare at me point-blank with the most expressionless face you can imagine; however, another lady came in and either because she's older than me or what their faces suddenly changed 180! When the lady asked if she can take a catalogue they're like, "Of course you can!", and all fawning on her like crazy. Interesting, really. That's when I thought if they were capable of providing better services but were just saving their energy on more promising-looking customers. After the experience today I think I had enough of spending so much money to get treated like that.

I would say the service I get at my Coach outlet is great! I only shop the outlet and it is never too busy there. All the SA's ask if I am looking for anything and try to help me find it. Sometimes I just like to look and not be helped so I try to kindly let them know. I hear stories about how busy some of the outlets get and it's hard to imagine. I've had the store all to myself a few times (later in the day) and all the help I could ever ask for.

I don't have a boutique nearby, but the one I go to whenever I have the chance is in downtown Portland. I have always had outstanding service, and the manager has gone above and beyond on a couple of occasions helping with a mail in return & exchange.

We just visited the outlets a couple weeks ago (I have yet to post pictures) and I had the most exceptional service ever. We go there a few times a year (Lincoln City, OR) and after the 8 1/2 hour car ride I was not the prettiest. I had on yoga pants and my new Barrett sneakers and the girls were so complimentary and couldn't believe we had left at 3:00 a.m. to get there! At the end of my visit they asked me if I'd write a thank you since I was so happy with how I was treated. I thought they meant mail a note in, but instead the manager brought me a note and asked if I'd write on it and they would post in on their employee board in the back. I ended up with a couple of cards from the girls who were helping me and I can't wait to go back.

This is the outlet I go to that I wrote about in my earlier post. The Coach outlet in Lincoln City is the best!! I am glad to hear you also had a good time there! I am looking forward to seeing your pictures!

I am one of those people who don't really expect any kind of service--usually I already know what I want to get before I come into the store, I just want to come in and come out. No fuss. I really don't like any of the SAs at the Coach store I go to but I don't dislike them either. They are usually pretty friendly but in my opinion, they don't know that much as far as product info.

It sounds like the SA didn't take her Midol before coming to work...

I notice those nasty SA's don't usually last very long. Sooner or later that SA will encounter someone nastier than she...

I've been fairly lucky. Where I used to live, there were two boutiques close and one had fairly reliably good service, and the other had usually wretched service. Now, I only have a single boutique, but luckily I've found the service to be fairly good. I don't tolerate bad customer service very well...

when i go there no one usually helps me because it's small and i think only like two SA's are there at a time. i also am only 20 and i look/sound like a 12 year old lol so i dont really expect any help. i usually know what i want too so i just grab what i want (limited budget so looking is bad) and go right up to the counter, so i'm only in there like 5 min, 10 TOPS lol but they are usually friendly too me, sounds like you had a bad experience, that would make me mad.

I'm sorry about your experience. Don't worry, there are some very nice SA's out there.

Thankfully, I don't think I've had any bad service at my Coach store. They've always been really helpful and are always reminding me that they're available if I need any help with anything.

My experiences with Coach have not been consistent enough for me to say either way. Sometimes when I go in my local boutique they look at me like I am something on the bottom of a shoe. I have noticed that when I'm not carrying my Coach bags they look at my purse as if it is something cheap:P. When I was in a Coach boutique last year I actually had an SA ask me what brand of bag I was carrying. I guess it caught her eye because of the bright color. When I told her she sniffed and said that she had never heard of that brand in a very haughty way. I was confused as to how that was revelant to me shopping in Coach that day, but whatever.

But then sometimes I get wonderful service, even if I am just browsing. I guess it all depends. But I will say that lately the SA's in my local Coach have been pretty nice. They are all different from the ones who worked in there last year so maybe they did an overhaul and brought in new, more friendly people.

Hmmmm...I can't think of any time that I have ever been treated badly or had a bad experience in any boutique, whether it is Coach, Louis Vuitton or Hermes. Maybe I am oblivious to any snots that are hanging around? LOL!!!!!

I am sorry you had such awful service. I have always had at least fairly good if not really great service from both boutique and outlet SA's, whether I was buying several items or only a planner refill. :yes:

Sadly, we don't have any Coach boutqiues anywhere around our town. But we do shop at the outlet a few times a year, couple of hours from here. I have never had a problem with an SA at an outlet. They are always so friendly and helpful. They go out of their way with a smile, and it's usually really busy in there because it's an all designer strip mall way out in Timbucktoo.

Nothing but good vibes at the two Coach stores I frequent.

I have to say, however, that the "purse girls" at Nordys blow them away in CS and product knowledge. They know more about all the brands/designers they carry, than the Coach SAs do about the ONE line they represent. Just my experience, of course.