What kind of gloves do you wear when you have your engagement ring on?

gnaw

Jan 9, 2010
Hi Ladies!

I recently tried on several pairs of gloves with my engagement ring on and nothing seemed to fit well. I have a prong-set ring so I am interested in not having it catch on anything inside the glove as well.

What do you normally wear? Is there any style of gloves/mittens that are particularly functional when you wear your rings?

Thanks a lot!!

I don't wear my e-ring with gloves. Warmth comes first so I pick a nice cashmere + leather glove and on those days I wear just my plain plat band and 1/2 eternity ring.

well, where i live, it snows a lot, so personally i find it annoying while wearing winter gloves that my e-ring (which also is a prong-set) is snagging underneath. i just prefer to not wear it while it's snowing out anyway. but that's my personal preference.

if you're talking about regular driving gloves (leather, etc.) then not sure if you'll find any pair of gloves that will "work" and solve this issue. you may just have to get used to it or like me, don't wear your e-ring while wearing them.

i dont have a ering but i do wear rings! I wear either leather driving gloves or mittens that are fur lined. for the gloves rings do tend to catch sometimes but if you buy a really soft flexible leather like lambs leather with cashmere lining then the ring finger of your gloves will eventually stretch out to compensate for your ering....in my case they stretch out to compensate for my RHR! softer/stretchier leather doesnt totally prevent snagging but it does make it easier to take off/ put on your gloves.

I actually had this problem the other day. I generally wear mittens because I'm a freezebaby and mittens tend to be warmer, I don't know how this would work with gloves, but I just turn my ering around. My mittens are fur/fleece lined which helps with cushioning my ering while it's turned around. I normally only do this while driving and as soon as i take off my mittens, I turn it around again. I've realized that turning it around makes it so much easier for me to get mittens off and on!

I don't usually wear gloves unless it's so dang cold I can't handle it. But when I do, I wrap my finger with a piece of paper towel, and turn the stone to the side towards my middle finger, not into my palm though. That usually helps.

I liver in canada so sometimes here u really need gloves I have occAsionally carried my ring in a littlevpouch in my bag until the gloves can come off

I've found the cheapo Isotoner gloves stretch pretty well and my ring doesn't catch inside. I have the kind that look like driving gloves with leather strips on the fingers for traction. Only thing is, these are probably not good for ultra cold places as they are not lined. Although, I seem to recall wearing them in NJ in the winter years ago, so maybe they are fairly warm. I am in Northern CA now...

http://www.totes-isotoner.com/produ...r+spandex+gloves+-+unlined.do?sortby=ourPicks

Last edited:
I don't have an engagement ring yet, but I also wear rings. I prefer to wear mittens with my rings, and I never wear anything wool or threaded or knitted. My rings ALWAYS catch on them and ruin the gloves. Instead I wear cowhide leather mittens with sheepskin inside or synthetic material inside.
These are always themost comfortable.