What kind of damage does your dog cause?

Retreiver is the keyword......your dog will naturally like to put things in his/her mouth. You will need to teach bite inhibition, and leave it , and definately obedience training. Kennel training your dog would be benficial as well. Good luck!

Also, there is no garauntee that they won't shed, we have 2 at the training center that both shed.

If he doesn't shed now, (brushed and brushed without any results), does that mean he's in the "clear?" Or does it take longer for a puppy to start the shedding process. (He's 6 months.):shrugs:

I am not sure about that.....I would think he shouldn't if he doesn't now. But I only know this because of the 2 at training. If shedding is a deal breaker for you, I would try to find a golden doodle forum and ask there.

Good luck to you, they are adorable dogs.

hey there ... well i had my puppy less than a year.. & wut i learned its that its all bout trainin him and knowing him (wut he likes or wut he dont like).. my problem started with:

POTTY TRAINING!: i have a miniature poodle (its supposed 2 be bigger than toy or mini toy poodles and smaller than the normal poodles), but 2 make this happen i needed 2 read alot of articles in the internet cuz it was my 1st pet of my own not my other fam members...
--- well 1st time he was in my room he started 2 do his needs in only one spot n he wouldnt do em outside n stuff but then i just moved stuff around in my room didnt use spray or anythin and started to train him for times out of the house... i took him bfore me leavin the house in the mornin at 6 00 am n then when i came back like at 1 and then in the night i use 2 walk him around my yard and he started off right after that not more accidents so it was pretty easy BUT WAS A PROBLEM AT THE BEGINNIN cuz i was gettin a stinky room!!! now in weekends he wakes me up in the morning but hey atleast he lets me know lol.. and in the afternoons i leave the door a lil open n he goes by himself but i never take the dog out times juz cuz he goes outside by himself.. i always walks him even if he doesnt do nothin.. he know dat he will always have those chances 2 do it ...

CHEWING : omg this was a lil hard n still is!! he chewed like 2 of my shoes but .. i juz keep em in the closet! and buy him chewing stuff n if i seehim chewing on the furniture i say NO!!! and give him wut he has 2 chew!! he doesnt chew like bfore they get tired of chewin n thirsty n then they sleep! but he chewed on my furniture and my shoes... n i was havin prob cuz he used 2 finish those rawhide real fast like in one day.. so i GIVE HIM THE BONES AT SPECIFIC TIMES LIKE WHEN I SEE HIM BORED AND STUFF I GIVE HIM ONE.. when i see him playin at his other toys i leave him he eventually gets tired ..

EAR INFECTION: well he had sum ear problems cuz of his floppy ears .. and his hair 2! so make sure if u do the groomin by urself to buy sumthin 2 clean his ears theres a solution or u can use vinegar n water and then use cotton balls im sure u can find these recipe around.. and if u take him 2 a pet place just tell em 2 clean the ears they always do though... every 2 weeks check it .. excess of dirt or a lil weird smell can indicate and infection.. mine had fungus type caused cuz of wetness and air not flowin right through cuz of the hair.. i really havent seen a doodle .. dont kinow how their hair is .. hope u POST PIC WHEN U GET HIM! ...

and my pup likes 2 jump alot in the couch and bed but i teach him not 2 get in my bed at all .. he jumps sumxs in the couch all the time but i honestly havent stop that...

welll its a longpost but i hope i helped! .. its very excitin 2 have a pet !even htough sumxs the trainin may be a lil exhaustin.. cuz sumxs u dont feel like wakin up every mornin 2 take him out!:sad: but then u juz go like its all :heart:.. i didnt have the need of crate trainin .. or kennels eventhough i thought of it... maybe the kennel for him 2 sleep but he doesnt really like to get in there .. he likes 2 sleep in his area or under my bed :shrugs:.. so its up 2 specific dogs i guess.. its up 2 u! .. but its always better 2 do it soon.. REPETITION AND BEIN CONSTANT its wuts most important!!, and if u have a weird situation goin on .. juz GOOGLE IT!! :flowers:

HOPE I DIDNT GET U BORED WITH THIS LONG POST .. DIDNT KNOW IT WAS GONNA BE THIS LONG LOL.. & HONESTLY HOPE THIS HELPS!

Hello, another Golden Doodle owner here!( See avatar) He was a new pup then and he has just turned 1 yr old. We are crazy about him.
Its true, retrievers are very "oral", "mouthy" or whatever you call it. Mine loves my shoes, my daughters dirty laundry, ( eww!) pencils, pens, anything he can get his mouth around. I've lost a few shoes thought I zealously keep my closet door closed. I have gotten careless at times and found him with shoes I just kick off in the family room. While he's growing this is expected.

I did puppy proof the kitchen/family room area and had to use bitter apple on a few chair legs when he was very young.
Basically, any shoes or leather-goods that are really important to you must always be out of reach!!( I'm just guessing you also have an interest in fine leather goods!)
Remember he IS a puppy and will goof up. We have redirected his fixation somewhat to tennis balls and there IS no watching TV or hanging out in the family roon, without an on-going game of fetch!
Enjoy your new baby!:yes:

A 6 mo old pup will be teething, I think, so provide him with safe things to chew.

We've had dogs who were problems when puppies and grew out of it, and dogs that never did anything wrong. Some did kill the grass with their urine, but if you can hose it down after they pee, it won't be a problem. Others didn't affect the grass at all.

We've lost our share of tv remotes, pillows, etc. but as someone else said, training is the key. YOU are the pack leader. You can be firm but kind and loving with your new dog. Good luck and have fun with your new furbaby!

A 6 mo old pup will be teething, I think, so provide him with safe things to chew.

We've had dogs who were problems when puppies and grew out of it, and dogs that never did anything wrong. Some did kill the grass with their urine, but if you can hose it down after they pee, it won't be a problem. Others didn't affect the grass at all.

We've lost our share of tv remotes, pillows, etc. but as someone else said, training is the key. YOU are the pack leader. You can be firm but kind and loving with your new dog. Good luck and have fun with your new furbaby!

You can also train a dog to use the bathroom in a certain spot each time.