What kind of cleanser should I use?

lizlikeshugs

Jun 11, 2006
I have pretty sensitive skin so it gets irritated easily and I only break out on my nose but sometimes on my chin and forehead too. My sink is always cluttered so I like products that are just one step (one bottle) and preferably affordable on a college student budget.

Also, I started wearing VERY light make up (more like tinted moisturizer) so do I need make up remover or is a cleanser enough?

Thanks in advance!

A good cleanser is enough only if you use makeup w/out mineral oil or petroleum in it. This is what I do for a living.
I think the Intelligence cleanser from Arbonne is the best & it lasts forever so in the long run its no more expensive than the rest. Its also self adjusting to all skin types. If you want to try any, let me know. I can share my 35% off with you. Or, if you want to try a sample first, I'd be happy to send you one.
The website is under my name if you click on it.
Good luck!

Use an oil cleanser. I would recommend Shu Uemura. Choose the green oil cleanser. It's a little more expensive than the other colours, but it's worth it, and it removes make-up + any dirt/surface oil...and your skin is never dry after cleansing.

I have the same skin type as you and I really like Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and it's cheap (under $10).

Something from the dermalogica line. I just started using it and it does wonders for my skin. They have a range of different products for every skin type and also, there products are pretty natural so it shouldn't irritate your skin. Although, it is quite pricey but I think with this stuff, you definately get what you pay for.

Everything that has been mentioned sounds good and let me add to that. Anything by Skinceuticals! Great products they are! And their cleansers are good, they actually work! They are made to fit your skin type, so there is something for everyone!

^^^I've never tried the Burt's Bees cleanser. The products of theirs that I have used are great.

I have very sensitive skin and the dermatologist recommended Cetaphil--quite low-priced and a little goes a long way!

Another vote for Cetaphil. It's a very gentle cleanser which won't overdry your skin. As mentioned, its quite inexpensive which of course is great plus. I've learned with skin care that more expensive is not always better!