What kind of car do you drive?

amanda said:
my 4Runner was one of my high school graduation presents. my parents aren't overly wealthy, they just use their money wisely and my dad promised me when i was a little girl when i went to college, i would get a car of my choosing.

i don't know what the other girl's situation is, but i'm sure her parents are probably in the same boat as mine. they have made good financial decisions in the past and they want to pass that on.

lol and this is probably not the place for the 'material things only go so far' sentiment. we're kind of unreasonable.

same here...my dad promised me the same thing...

star3777 said:
I drive the porsche cayenne Turbo... it's divine. My huge white poodle loves it.

lol, and i REALLY don't mean any offense by this, it's just a little joke i have with myself, i'm sure it's a fantastic car, but my first thought whenever i see one of those is 'it must take a special kind of ******* to buy a Porsche SUV'

i also love the BMW joke - "what's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? with a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside :amuse: . and my dad drives a BMW and i almost got one too.

don't be offended! please!

amanda said:
lol, and i REALLY don't mean any offense by this, it's just a little joke i have with myself, i'm sure it's a fantastic car, but my first thought whenever i see one of those is 'it must take a special kind of ******* to buy a Porsche SUV'

i also love the BMW joke - "what's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? with a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside :amuse: . and my dad drives a BMW and i almost got one too.

don't be offended! please!

I guess I don't need a SUV with 450 horsepower to get me to the supermarket. But it looks great next to the 911 Turbo.

star3777 said:
I guess I don't need a SUV with 450 horsepower to get me to the supermarket. But it looks great next to the 911 Turbo.

i don't need my SUV period, but i :heart: it. and there's no reason you shouldn't love yours...that's just always what i think. i think my mom said it to me one time and i thought it was hilarious and it kinda stuck in my head.

star3777 said:
Amanda...Thank you for your approval regarding my purchase. Tell me, do you ask your Mother before you buy a purse?:biggrin:

i'm just trying to get across that i didn't mean anything bad by it. someone said something about it that stuck in my head, i'm not trying to be hateful or anything. the only reason i said anything in the first place is probably because i'm sleep deprived from finals and a tad loopy on cough medicine. i mean, we all need a good self-depricating laugh every now and then, right?

amanda said:
very nice choice! a friend of mine's dad has one of the SLR McLaren's, which are like half S55 and half Formula 1 race car, and that thing is totally hot.

My husband tries to reconcile his desire for a race car with the need to have a full back-seat that can hold a child's car seat! He truly covets a Maserati!

Issmom said:
Well, WE have a car, my husband and I, but I've never driven it. Its a Mercedes S55. We live in Manhattan and the thought of driving in the city terrifies me! And he loves to drive.
I demand pictures, now!

:amuse:

^^ Its my huband's baby and I don't think we've EVER photographed it! But we're occasional drivers. We tend to get laughed at when we sell our old cars -- 3 years old and less than 10,000 miles! But my husband works very hard and has so few toys. I can't deny him a $100K car if that's what makes him happy and he can afford it (I say HE because he walked in with cash to buy it!).

But I guess the S55 is a cool car. We were in Delaware for vacation this summer and eating at a restaurant. We looked out the window and saw a bunch of teenagers taking turns photographing themselves leaning on our car! But they were in for a shock when the alarm went off!