What kind of buyer are you?

serene

Vintage since '08
O.G.
Mar 23, 2008
I was thinking.. do you buy your mulberrys used or brand new? Too bad I couldn't get the poll-thing work (or then it just don't work right now like search :P simple as that) it would have shown easily what you think like a summary.

I think used bags looks so sad :shame: like they are being abandoned..but still - i wouldn't buy second hand mulberrys. It just feel wrong :shrugs: And they have these marks etc already.. :/

i will buys new or second hand. As long as the mulberry is not in too bad condition. Some of the mulberries i really like (e.g. glace) you cant get new anymore so can only get second hand..

I own a pre-owned one,and she is just gorgeous!!! I knew the seller,and she told me she was in perfect condition,thing was she was in fact in better condition than the seller said!! So I have no problem buying pre-owned or from outlets.

I buy both. For some reason I use the secondhand bags more than the new ones. Maybe because they have been cheaper...?! The secondhand bags are often older models (which I LOVE!) and these cannot easily be found anywhere else. However, I want my secondhand bags to be in very good shape (almost as good as new). I only buy from sellers I trust and know!

I could also add that as a buyer I used to be very impulsive. Nowadays I know better my style and make smarter choices. I have to say that I love the "older" Mulberry bags (which are no longer made) and somehow the newest ones don't appeal to me that much :crybaby:.

I think for alot of people it's the price that dictates whether they can buy new or used, after all you can buy a good condition used bag for sometimes less than half the retail

^^^^^^^^^^^ very true!! My e-ring was pre-owned,the cut is very old,and I love thinking about the ladies who have worn it and loved it before me.Had it been priced a more true value,I would never have had the opportunity to own it.So money dictates for me,but also the history of things really appeals to me too.

As for Mulberry,the older and more used they are,the better they look,like the Barbour jackets.Much cooler worn in.

^^^^^^^^^^^ very true!! My e-ring was pre-owned,the cut is very old,and I love thinking about the ladies who have worn it and loved it before me.Had it been priced a more true value,I would never have had the opportunity to own it.So money dictates for me,but also the history of things really appeals to me too.

As for Mulberry,the older and more used they are,the better they look,like the Barbour jackets.Much cooler worn in.

Have to agree... a lot of mulberries just ooze character the older and more 'lived in' they are :yes: espesh the oak/olive ones. I can also imagine chocolate looking pretty cool too..

I have never bought a used mulberry but I wouldnt have a problem doing so provided knew that it was genuine.

In fact at the moment I am keeping my eyes peeled for a used, battered, oak ledbury or effie - a brand new one is just not appealing as I want it to look worn and aged.

i used to go into the outlets and buy because i liked but my obsossion became too much!! i am thinning out my collection nowadays and making the sensible choice of thinking before hand what i would use a certain style for before purchasing, all well and good buying because it is nice but then nice doesn't always work with your wardrobe. i have a couple of older styles that i have bought second hand but i have been lucky that they have not been used- much like most of my collection i just sit and look at which cheers me up
handbags are my thing especially mulberry i dont smoke or drink so this is my weakness xx