Food What kind of alcohol to get if you're not a big drinker?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I was always into a cosmopolitan etc, martinis but nowadays I don't really like it much, mostly because I get anxiety!
I haven't really gotten much for alcohol and I haven't gone out in a group since maybe the winter.

I'm going out tonight to a bar and I have no clue what to get!! I think I am turning into someone whom is not a big drinker, I don't mind it at all either.
I also don't mind something not high in alcohol content-- but what would that be?? Do I have to get a boring water??
Oh and it would be a good choice if it's not a drink that is typically huge! Something small.

:smile:

Last edited:
Gosh, I am in the same boat as you. Maybe you feel like a drink but you don't want something too hard?
Do you like wine? Sometimes I will just get a glass of champagne but since you are going to a bar that might not work. How about a gin and tonic? Pretty mild, won't make you sick LOL, not sweet, and you can sip it forever. Then maybe have a seltzer water before your next drink if you have another..did that make sense?

Hi Adore!
There's no need to drink alot of alcohol to enjoy a night out. I'm not a big drinker myself when I go out I usually go for ciders, martinis or cocktails. Have you ever tried Pina colada? I really like and the alcohol content is not high at all.

^ It's Midori (melon flavored liqueur) with sour mix and sprite. It's sweet and bright green!

I don't really drink much anymore. I'll have wine at home, but I don't like drinking when I go out, so I usually just order a diet Coke. I don't care if it's not cool! :P

Last edited:
Why waste the $ and calories on alcohol at all if you don't like how it makes you feel? There are so many great non-alcoholic mixers at any bar, many of which you probably like - ginger ale, blends of juices, juice spritzers. Save you calories for something that you really love!!

You can always go with tomato juice or V8 with a garnish and pretend it's a Bloody Mary. No one will know the difference.

Or orange juice (Screwdriver). Maybe even have them add some Peach Schnapps; what is that, a Fuzzy Navel?

There's lots of 'virgin' or low alcohol drinks now with the designated driver kick on.

Last edited:
^ When I do order a drink, I usually get a big glass of club soda and a normal sized screwdriver and I drink some of the club soda, then dump the screwdriver in. It's a huge drink, so you can nurse it forever, but it's totally diluted so it's very weak. It tastes like Orangina too, so I love it :shame:

I used to love all sorts of drinks, but I don't tolerate the alcohol well anymore, so I have to be really careful!

I rarely drink, but when I do I tend to go for sweetness to drown out the taste of the alcohol. I usually order a White Russian, although some servers are a bit heavy with the vodka!

^^I'm curious, too...

And if I'm not in the mood for drinking, which is most of the time when I'm out, I just order a large water with lemon in it! I'd rather have a glass of wine or a beer before bed because it makes me sleepy, lol.