What job did you have while going to school?

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Where the water is
I am changing schools next year and will be taking 'part-time' but in full time. I still intend to work full time because I still really want to keep getting that experience. And taking courses at nights. Just interested to see what kind of jobs everyone has had while going to school :P

I'm mentally preparing myself for over-exhaustion.

jillybean307

Wanderlust
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
I was at my current job while I did my Master's (graduated last month!). I work in the field of immigration law.

It's a challenge to do both full time, but I think if you're prepared for it, it's easily done. I feel like that since you know you don't have a lot of free time, you take advantage of getting as much work done as possible when you can rather than slacking off and waiting until last minute (aka how I basically spent my 4 years of college).

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Where the water is
^ That's also a reason why I am sticking with my job. :P It not only gives me good experience but it can really structure my schedule. I don't expect to have too much of a life for the next three years, but I know it'll be worth doing.

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
boston-ish
undergrad: babysat, worked at the library, waitressed at a diner

grad: teacher, worked at a pottery shop

i went to both undergrad and grad school full time; i barely had time to breathe during grad school, but i would not change a thing. except for the boyfriend i had. i'd get rid of him.

anniebobannie

@annieholly
May 18, 2007
Orange County, CA
undergrad: babysat, worked at the library, waitressed at a diner

grad: teacher, worked at a pottery shop

i went to both undergrad and grad school full time; i barely had time to breathe during grad school, but i would not change a thing. except for the boyfriend i had. i'd get rid of him.
except for the boyfriend! hahahaha awwww

dusty paws

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
East Bay, CA
I've had a few... worked in childcare at several schools, also worked as a full-time waitress at community college, at UC I'm a Residential Assistant and I also used to work at the dining hall.

titania029

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Dallas
I tutored math and worked for intramural sports while in college, and was a research assistant during law school. Nothing too exciting, but that all beat out a summer job of making packets, i.e. grab one from each pile, shove into envelope, repeat.

wordbox

so in love!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
The North Pole
When I was in high school, I bussed tables (and did other assorted things) at a restaurant, but only for a little while. Then I worked at a horse farm.

I'm currently in college, and I've been working in the campus apartments, cleaning, etc. during the school year, and then painting them in the summer.

seahorseinstripes

bag greed bug
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
summer land
www.bagcrazeblog.com
i teached drawings for kids under 10 yrs old and english. (i'm from a non english speaking country) but the funny thing, the kid's father is australian. but the kid spent more time with the nanny and maid so i was there everyday so he can speak english to me when his parent's out working. such a fun job, we just read books, watch cartoons and talk about his day in school LOL