What jewelry do you take with you on trips?

1. Inspired by the jewelry-roll thread below. :smile: Of course, the obvious answer is "Depends on where I'm going..." but if you were going on vacation for say, a week, what kinds of things would you make sure to have? And how much?

Since jewelry doesn't really take up much extra space, I usually bring more than I really need, so that I have choices. :smile: Aside from my wedding and engagement rings, I would always take at least one everyday watch (maybe more, depending on what outfits I'm packing), and I don't think I've left my city in the last 10 years without my Mikimoto pearl stud earrings. I would also take a couple plain, low maintenance items like simple necklaces or small hoops, and one dangly pair of earrings for nighttime. No need for bracelets on vacation -- I almost never wear them.

What do you bring?

2. if i know i'm going someplace fancy for dinner or something, i pack my pearl set...otherwise i only bring whatever my "everyday" jewelry is at the time because i'm already wearing it :smile:

i'm so boring about jewerly. such a shame. hehe.

3. i only bring what i will wear everyday as i don't feel safe leaving it unattended.

4. I would avoid bringing any valuable jewelry when I travel. I never feel safe in a new city.

5. I have some silver pieces by Tiffany and Garrard that I like to bring, also my pearl stud earrings. Other than that I usually only pack more expensive jewelry if I'm staying with friends or family. I just don't feel like messing with a hotel safe.

6. If i go to a trip where I will be on the beach most of the time, I only take costume jewellery because if I lose it, I won't die of shock.

If it is a business trip, I wear all my real jewellery as I would in home, since I would do work and go to the hotel and dinners.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice