What jewelry discoveries did you make in 2012?

Ratnapur

Gem rescuer!
Jan 9, 2011
What type of stone, metal, style, designer, etc. did you first try in 2012, and really loved?

I my case, it was 2 things:

1. Rose gold looks nice on me, despite the stuff I tried on in July, and hated. DH bought me a lovely checkerboard-faceted garnet station necklace, in rose gold. I used to hate rose gold, at least on me--but it does look nice, and I got compliments on the bracelet I bought to go with the necklace, and the necklace itself.

2. I look nice in daintier jewelry, which I hadn't in years. Though short, I have wide, sturdy shoulders, and always thought that small-scale necklaces were lost on me. Now, for some reason, they look good! Go figure.

What were your discoveries and pleasant surprises in 2012?

i discovered my love for very thin and delicate bracelets like sydney evans pave word ones. previously i much preferred wider bangles, but now i am loving lots of thin pieces!

and my love for white gold has been renewed for 2013. i was avoiding it last year :P

I graduated to the Vintage Alhambra line from VCA. I love my bracelet.

And now I love yellow gold and onyx.

I've also finally started letting go of pieces that I never wear. I've been slowly selling off pieces.

I discovered Tiffany! Funnily enough had seen the store before in the city but never bothered to go in until my friend at her 40th received RTT heart in white gold. I was mesmerized. But then took me a year later to discover it online. Am obsessed with Tiffany now! Got like 8 pieces in 2012 (the first year)..

I fell in love with rose gold when I got engaged and was picking out my rings. I also didn't know a damn thing about diamonds, but picked that up pretty quickly. :smile:

I got my rose gold Love cuff and ADORE it. I also got the mini bean necklace, single-stone DBTY bracelet, and knot key pendant (a gift from DH!) from Tiffany, yes, all in rose gold.

I learned I look awful in yellow gold. It was a sad realization!

Also, absolutely in love with my ering which is actually a 5 stone wedding band. I can't stop staring at it and it is the most simple beautiful thing ever :love:

1) Im obsessed with bracelets.

2) loving designer pieces (tiffanys, david yurman, louis vuitton).

3) I appreciate watches.

4) I prefer danity simple necklaces (tiffany bean).

5) I hope to add a david yurman ring to my collection, im just unsure since i have never really been a ring person and do not want to grow tired of it.

I got on the Tiffany bandwagon really late - only started last year. I went in there before in the past, of course, but never bought anything bcos i wasnt willing to pay more for the brand. Now i realised that it is actually okay to pay more for good workmanship and quality pieces, rather than buy a cheaper piece that is not very well-made and be unsatisfied with it.

Also discovered that i really like the single diamond dbty style of necklace. Simple yet stylish.

I discovered that I love the freedom and look of mixing metals (specifically YG and WG tones, slowly working on bringing RG into the mix) so much so that eventually I know I want my wedding set to be with mixed metals!