What jewelry discoveries did you make in 2012?

-I genuinely love silver for what it is. It's my favorite metal behind platinum, and I don't mind at all the polishing. I don't consider it costume jewelry.

-Anything worth purchasing at Tiffany was designed by Elsa Peretti.

-The amount a piece cost does not effect my enjoyment of it. Some of the jewelry I wear the least is the most expensive stuff.

-I love Cartier watches. Will never have one, but still love them.

-I'm addicted to necklaces. I already have 9.

-I genuinely love silver for what it is. It's my favorite metal behind platinum, and I don't mind at all the polishing. I don't consider it costume jewelry.

Amen! Silver is actually my favourite metal, full stop. While still suiting my pale complexion, I find it looks warmer on my skin than white gold and platinum, which tend to look quite 'cool' somehow. I know it's the major drawback for some people, but I think the polishing is a bit endearing. I like that you have to actively take care of your jewellery, and that it looks angry with you if you neglect to clean or wear it for awhile!

I am actually enjoying wearing yellow gold as I have only worn white gold for so many years. I am trying to get more statement pieces rather than a bunch of smaller inexpensive stuff.