What jewelry discoveries did you make in 2012?

I tried to move from yellow gold to platinum, but I really prefer yellow gold. Also discovered Marco Bicego jewelry, which I love. Don't own any yet, but am having fun looking!
I have a pair of his hoops and really like them. Great quality.

In 2012, I finally got an "adult" watch. It's a Michele mini urban. And I have been wearing it so maybe I'll graduate to a nicer watch in the future.

I also discovered the joy of a blingy diamond and emerald cocktail ring. I wear it with a blazer and jeans as well as a cocktail dress. Minus the YSL arty ring, there's no going back to costume.

that yellow gold actually looks great on me and i shouldnt run away from it as i have been doing so far lol (im indian, and YG is a staple among indians so ive shied away in favor of WG or platinum)

that i am obsessed with halo settings on e rings and want to upgrade to one as my next jewelery purchase.

That I want to reduce my jewellery down to just a few key select pieces that i will wear all the time.

I have gotten rid of old jewellery and used the money to buy new pieces that I know I will wear for years.

Add me as a new fan of rose gold. Hubby gifted me with a rose gold bracelet watch from gucci for my birthday last month. At first, I thought hmmm, too much for a stay-at-home mum. But, when I paired it with our rose gold diamond pave anniversary ring, it took elegance to a whole new level..:biggrin:

As I entered into my 40s in 2013, I may just be on the lookout for more rose gold pieces..perhaps rose gold earrings...;)

I learned that I need to make smarter jewelry purchases, and I need to save for pieces that I have thought about for years.

I also learned that I need to vary my jewelry collection; buying too many similar designs does not add variety to my jewelry wardrobe.

In addition, I learned that my son loves to grab my jewelry (he has gone after my diamond studs while I was wearing them and my rings), so I need to buy sturdy pieces with sleek lines that are harder for him damage until he is old enough not to grab.

I have a pair of his hoops and really like them. Great quality.

In 2012, I finally got an "adult" watch. It's a Michele mini urban. And I have been wearing it so maybe I'll graduate to a nicer watch in the future.

I also discovered the joy of a blingy diamond and emerald cocktail ring. I wear it with a blazer and jeans as well as a cocktail dress. Minus the YSL arty ring, there's no going back to costume.

I actually don't like my YSL arty rings anymore :P

For me it was Links of London. I got a coupon while I was on my last trip in Vegas and bought a few things. While I was at HR a few months back I noticed a section in the jewelry counter and picked up a small item there too.

Ditto - no going back to costume jewelry. Even though some pieces are so beautiful... like the palladium plated Hermes rivale double tour bracelet... Maybe I'll change my mind in the future... :P