What item do you REFUSE to buy generic?

2. Cereal.
Cereal is one of the biggest values when buying generic, said Pushpin's Gurwin, equaling 25% to 50% in savings. A $5.50 box of brand-name cereal can cost $2.99 generic, and usually comes in a bigger package for less money, he said.

"The taste is very similar, and they look exactly the same," Gurwin said. For parents of children who insist on the brand, he suggests buying it once, then when it's empty, replacing it with a generic bag inside the branded box.

Now where have I heard that before?

Oh yeah, now I remember.

Same with cereals. If I filled a Kelloggs Raisin Bran box with a generic, most people couldn't tell the difference.

remembered another one....

dog & cat food - i do switch brands a lot, but i always go to a locally owned pet store that only sells high-quality, healthy dog/cat food. i never go to petsmart or petco or places like that.

-mayo & dressings
-tooth paste
-hair products
-baind aids (the store brands dont stick!)
-perscriptions and otc drugs (Its so hard to get straight answers on allergen information on them, and in the end they always contain what i cant have!)

I buy almost EVERYTHING generic. I don't notice a difference most of the time. But, there are a few things that I ALWAYS buy brand name.

QTips (I had a generic brand cotton swab get stuck in my ear once!)
Tampons (I do use the Target brand pads, and have no issue with them)
Moisturizer (the Target brand broke me out :sad:)
Tissues (Has to be Kleenex w/ Vicks)
Bandaids (I'm allergic to the adhesive in 90% of store brand ones.)
Pet Food (I buy the expensive pet food with REALLY good ingredients. But, I want my animals to live long and healthy lives.)

geez...i keep remembering items here and there.

one that i will NEVER, ever buy generic is lotion. i only use body butter from the the body shop—not body butter from walmart. yuck! :sick:

i have VERY dry skin and live in a dry climate, therefore i need the best that works for me. i love it. been using it for 11+ years.

pet food - my critters eat better than i do!
toothpaste
deoderant

anything else is fair game - i don't get why generic toilet paper is so bad - please enlighten me! my tush doesn't care ;)

i don't get why generic toilet paper is so bad - please enlighten me! my tush doesn't care ;)

not sure how others feel, but me personally we only buy a certain brand because of its thickness, so for me, generic toilet paper is just too thin and i feel like i'm using more than necessary to compensate, which defeats the purpose.

for the longest time, i purchased the target brand toilet paper until i discovered cotonelle—now we can't use anything else!

but of course, everybody is different.