What item do you REFUSE to buy generic?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. for me, i will never buy any hair products that are generic. but here is my list below of what i HAVE to buy name brand only items:

Q-tips
    deodorant - i will only buy Secret
    laundry detergent - i will only buy Tide
    heinz ketchup
    diet coke - i hate generic sodas!

can't think of any others right now, but i'm sure i'll continue to add to the list. :graucho:

2. Lol~
    most cereals
    ITA with Qtips... can not skimp on QTip
    pretty much all of what OP said.

3. Toilet paper- I only have ever used Charmin and can't imagine switching.

4. -Batteries. I only like Duracell (Energizer's good too but I really prefer Duracell)

-Shampoo/conditioner. This isn't even a preference it's just that my hair is really really long (lower back) and it sucks up A LOT of moisture, I really need to glob on the hair stuff to keep it healthy and generic brands just don't nourish it properly I've noticed

I'm sure I have a few more but those are my big 2! lol

5. Hmmm...I've found that generics are the same most of the time, so I'm open to try them out. However, I've noticed that not all generics are the same. It depends on the store.

6. Cereal, ketchup, paper towels, toilet paper and shampoo. I'm sure there's more, that's just the first ones I thought of.

7. Laundry detergent and toiler paper. Just about everything else is fair game.

8. Oh! I thought of something that I cannot, will not buy generic -- facial tissues. Gotta have the super soft and/or with-lotion ones. I can live with sand paper on my butt but not on my nose...

9. TAMPAX! I tried in an emergency situation and never again!
    Toilet Paper
    Coffee
    Toothpaste
    Saline Solution (eye)

10. Cotton swabs are cotton swabs; I've never noticed a difference.

Same with cereals. If I filled a Kelloggs Raisin Bran box with a generic, most people couldn't tell the difference.

The only two items I can think of that I flat out can't handle generics are V8 and Miracle Whip.

Nearly everything else I use, I can vary brands or go to store brands or no-names. In fact, I prefer off-brand ice creams. Breyer's, Haagen-Daaz, Ben & Jerry's and other national brands are too heavy and rich for me.

If they're the same price and size, I'll take Breyer's Yogurt over another brand, but I won't pay extra for it if the other is discounted.

11. #11 Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, skin care products, toliet paper, laundry detergent, cereal and cheese.

My children can notice the difference with generics LOL!

12. Trashbags- Hefty or Glad
    Toothpaste
    Toilet paper/paper towels
    Facial tissues
    Cereal
    Cheese
    Shampoo/conditioner
    TAMPAX
    Icecream- I perfer Bluebunny or Haagen Daz
    Salad Dressing- Hidden Valley for Ranch
    Laundry Detergent
    Batteries- Energizer
    Soda
    Deodorant- DK cashmere mist is my favorite
    Skin/body care products

I'm sure I can think of a few more...

13. Q-tips
    Cereal
    Tampax
    Make-up.. especially eyeliner.
    Laundry Detergent
    Ketchup

14. Trash bags, Toilet Paper, Batteries, Laundry Detergent, and Always

15. I need those too especially when I have a cold. My grandma actually got me started using the lotion tissues, they're soooo much better when you're sick they don't cut your nose