What is your worst quality H item?

loveclemence

Now Loving Fjord
Dec 15, 2008
I am nominating my Carmencita - for no apparent reason the leather looks worn out only after less than 3 months old. I use it as a page marker on my Ulysse and it discoloured the paper as well.

For £45 (at that time) - not sure if money well spent :sad:

^^Aww, so sorry to hear that, loveclemence. My guess on the reason of the precipitated wear and tear is due to the leather that H use to make the Carmencita.

I don't own one but I saw it when I was at the store. I think it's a very soft calfskin leather?

I agree. My carmencita was so yucky dirty that it is shoved away in the back of a drawer. I learned that I cannot happily have and use lambskin regularly in my life.

I've been pleased with all of my H items. Today I'm carrying my fjord bolide--I've had her for about 18 months. As I was walking in today, someone said "new bag?"--when I explained that it wasn't new the person was amazed at how new it looked.
All of my H items have held up incredibly well!

hmm. I would have to say the twillies. I only have two and they both are not so great, threads fraying. Next would be the cashmere GM shawls with their fragility and high degree of fuzziness just after a few wears. My benchmark is the way they look brand new, so I'm a tough cookie that way. Doesn't stop me from buying the GM shawls though. The designs and usefulness outweigh the cons. All my bags have been great. No complaints at all about the bags.

The carmen - the stitching at the top of the loop (holding it tight to the keyring) came out within a week of using it. I still love it and am using on my Lindy as a Charm, though.

My Avalon blanket. It is in horrible shape after only one year. Pilling excessively and the whipstitching is broken in two places. I guess because it is a cashmere blend? I don't know, but I think it will cost a small fortune at the dry cleaners to de-pill and make it look better again. I was incredibly disappointed by this experience.

My Avalon blanket. It is in horrible shape after only one year. Pilling excessively and the whipstitching is broken in two places. I guess because it is a cashmere blend? I don't know, but I think it will cost a small fortune at the dry cleaners to de-pill and make it look better again. I was incredibly disappointed by this experience.

oh oh. I want one of these (I think). Is this the heavy/finely woven throw (bi-color?) with the fringe?

castrony - thank goodness I did not buy one of those felt bags - I knew I would run into these problems.

I would not buy any more Carmen/Carmencita they are fragile as hell and regardless of colours they will get uncleanably dirty and the colour fading away.

The Carmens/Carmencitas, cashmere shawls....anything suede...are all delicate, and I treat them as such. I haven't used the Carmen I purchased because it was an oopsie purchase anyway, and I know if I hand it over to my mechanic, it'll come back looking the worse for wear. Certain items, regardless of the price, should probably be thought of as follies and disposable in the short term.

My major quality issue is with the silver jewelry/accessories. Like many other retailers, they've decreased the amount of detail in the pieces, but the prices are going up at the usual rates. My minor quality gripe is with some of the hemming I've seen on the shawls/scarves.

Thankfully only a bolduc twilly. I used it only once to wrap one of the handles of my orange birkin. all the white raised "hermes" writing came off onto my handle.

I nearly had heart failure. Thankfully it came off easily.