What is your workhorse Bal and what is your museum piece Bal?

EmileLove

Dec 14, 2012
I will go first...

Workhorse Bals: My black bags are definitely the most used and most reliable. This includes a GSH PT (don't know the year), a 2005 City, and a 2014 Velo.

Museum piece Bal: My 2005 Rouge Theatre City. After lusting for one for a long time, I finally found one in mint condition two years ago. Since then, it has been sitting in my closet, but once in a while, I will take it out and admire it. I'm always afraid of damaging it and not being able to find a replacement!

Good question!
Workhorse: My black 2013 Hamilton City. I have used this every.single.day. since the beginning of January. It's been rained on, sat under the seat on a few planes, stuffed to bursting point some days...and guess what? It still looks perfect. The only difference between now and when it was new, it's smooshing up nicely.
Museum Piece: 07 Violet Chèvre GSH City: I love purple. This is just the most beautiful Balenciaga I have ever seen. I'll start using it again soon as it's perfect for autumn/winter. Let me see if I can post a couple of photos...

Last edited:
Workhorse Bals: all of my bal day bags. I have a several from each season going all the way back to 2006 lol and I use them all the time. I love the hobo shape :smile::cool:

My museum piece bal is my 2005 black city: I love this bag, it's a classic but because it's such an iconic piece i do not use it except when I am going on on special occasions.

Great idea for a thread!

Okay, my workhorse Bal would be my 2005 Dolma Purse. I bought it pre-loved - given that, plus its dark color, I don't feel the need to baby it at all. It's my "beater Bal" :smile: I almost treat it like it's canvas or nylon versus leather - I don't feel guilty about tossing it around at all.

My museum piece Bal would probably have to be my 2005 Rouge Theatre First. Same as OP, I know it's a hard color to find and considered an HG color by many. My First is still in almost mint condition, and I do use her once in awhile, but of all my Bals, she's probably the one I'd consider my museum piece.

Good thread.

My workhorse was my 2005 chocolate city. But it's semi-retired, and I now work from home. So I guess my most used Bal would either be my Black 2011 GSH city, or my 2012 Cassis city.

My museum piece would be my 2013 LE Black Metallic city with PH. I use her, but rarely.

Workhorse Bals: all of my bal day bags. I have a several from each season going all the way back to 2006 lol and I use them all the time. I love the hobo shape :smile::cool:

My museum piece bal is my 2005 black city: I love this bag, it's a classic but because it's such an iconic piece i do not use it except when I am going on on special occasions.

I would love to see pictures of your collection:graucho:

Workhorse bags are all my Work bags (Coquelicot, Vert Gazon, Dark Night, Papyrusl and Ultraviolet)

My museum one is the 2005 Apple Green RH City that I recently got. I didn't get it to use it, I got it to have it. I have used it three times though in a few months but I treasure it!

Great idea for a thread!

Okay, my workhorse Bal would be my 2005 Dolma Purse. I bought it pre-loved - given that, plus its dark color, I don't feel the need to baby it at all. It's my "beater Bal" :smile: I almost treat it like it's canvas or nylon versus leather - I don't feel guilty about tossing it around at all.

My museum piece Bal would probably have to be my 2005 Rouge Theatre First. Same as OP, I know it's a hard color to find and considered an HG color by many. My First is still in almost mint condition, and I do use her once in awhile, but of all my Bals, she's probably the one I'd consider my museum piece.

There has been a few mint/new RT that popped up on Ebay lately. I must say I was awfully tempted in getting a second one just so I have a back-up. Thank goodness I was able to step away from my computer and not let that happen.

There has been a few mint/new RT that popped up on Ebay lately. I must say I was awfully tempted in getting a second one just so I have a back-up. Thank goodness I was able to step away from my computer and not let that happen.

I saw some of those and I know what you mean about being tempted :graucho: I've been getting better at resisting temptation since I got myself stranded on Ban Island though, so good for both of us for not caving in ;)

I saw some of those and I know what you mean about being tempted :graucho: I've been getting better at resisting temptation since I got myself stranded on Ban Island though, so good for both of us for not caving in ;)

I always want to hoard the HG years/colors and that is why I ban myself frequently. :smile:

Sometimes I stay away from the bal forum for stretches of time because I get triggered to start searching for all my HG's again. :biggrin: