What is your spring coat? Something a little warmer than a trench coat.

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
So I thought a trench coat would be warm enough but I think I will need a little warmer coat for the next couple months. So what do you typically wear in the spring when it is still cold? To me, wearing a heavy black coat once March hits seems a little dark and dreary but I am not seeing any coats catered to spring except for trench coats. Something not too heavy but something that will be warm.

In slightly cooler weather, i typically wear wool blazers or leather jackets, however, spring time around these parts isnt that cold.

But as for spring time coats, the first thing i thought of was a cute Vivetta coat. Its yellow with daisies. Lookbook also shows a shorter, cropped version in blue! :biggrin:

Attachments

• pippo.jpg
    pippo.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 592
  • viv3.jpg
    viv3.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 569
That looks really nice.

Its a problem here too, cause Im really not a letherjacket person no matter how hard I try to find one I really like.

For everyday use this spring I got handknitted long and thick, very minimalistic woolgardigan, that with my other accessories brings back some 60´s paganic memories...

I often wear leather jackets in spring, with a scarf when it's colder or without. I agree a trenchcoat would probably be too cold in early spring. When it's too cold for leather jackets I would go for a thinner wool jacket or parka, for those times I wear my wool coat with leather sleeves.

Burberry (and other brands, I'm sure) sells trenches with zip-out wool liners. With the liner, these are pretty warm (I can wear mine in temps down to the 40s, which would be a chilly spring day where I live.)

I often wear leather jackets in spring, with a scarf when it's colder or without. I agree a trenchcoat would probably be too cold in early spring. When it's too cold for leather jackets I would go for a thinner wool jacket or parka, for those times I wear my wool coat with leather sleeves.

I seem to be having problems finding light color wool coats. Anyone have any recommendations?

I seem to be having problems finding light color wool coats. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm having the same issue!
I saw a light blue Prada in a mag that looked wonderful, but have not found it IRL. I saw a cream color MaxMara, but it was sold out in my size, and then some gorgeous cashmere options by Jil Sander that were just too pricey.
I feel like the weather will have shifted by the time I find something!

I'm having the same issue!
I saw a light blue Prada in a mag that looked wonderful, but have not found it IRL. I saw a cream color MaxMara, but it was sold out in my size, and then some gorgeous cashmere options by Jil Sander that were just too pricey.
I feel like the weather will have shifted by the time I find something!
I tend to wear my light parka coat with more layers (cardigans) underneath or a sheepskin/ fur gilet for extra warmth and cosiness.

Spring is still cold around these parts. Heck, we were still wearing fleece at our Canada Day Parade last year - in July!
I plan on wearing my J.Crew Metro Coat (Retro Jade) until the end of April - unless some weird weather thing happens and it gets around 15C in April. (crosses fingers) If I can, I wouldn't mind picking another one up - maybe in the pink colour. That coat gets so much attention it's ridiculous. Otherwise I have two cute little mid-thigh trench coats I got at Joe Fresh for cheap cheap cheap and I'll have them altered in the next month or so. One in Navy and one in a Salmony-Pink colour. They might still be a bit lightweight though for this time of year.
I alternate between my North Face Metropolis Parka and my Black wool Max Mara coat from around the end of October to the end of March. After that, with the days getting a little bit longer and brighter, it seems so dark and depressing to be still wearing those coats. I had a Burberry trench but got rid of it when I couldn't alter it anymore (I went from a size 14/16 to a 6/8 last year so I'll be looking to replace it soon.
I'll break out the leather moto jacket around the last week of March or early April provided it's not still snowing.
You know it's funny because people are always giving me grief for having like 15 coats, but I have to remind them that I live in a place where you need to wear a coat 9 months of the year. If you want to be comfortable, that is.

I think I'm going to just pull the trigger on this coat by Marc for Marc Jacobs.
Wish I could get the shoes too, but I'm recovering from foot surgery and heels are out for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 442
I am on the prowl for a thin, lightweight leather moto jacket. The ones that I have are very thick. Even without their zipout liners they are too thick. I'm looking at a Cole Haan online right now and I saw a very lightweight Guess leather jacket in Macy's in the fall that I liked. Maybe I will check there today.

Spring is still cold around these parts. Heck, we were still wearing fleece at our Canada Day Parade last year - in July!
I plan on wearing my J.Crew Metro Coat (Retro Jade) until the end of April - unless some weird weather thing happens and it gets around 15C in April. (crosses fingers) If I can, I wouldn't mind picking another one up - maybe in the pink colour. That coat gets so much attention it's ridiculous. Otherwise I have two cute little mid-thigh trench coats I got at Joe Fresh for cheap cheap cheap and I'll have them altered in the next month or so. One in Navy and one in a Salmony-Pink colour. They might still be a bit lightweight though for this time of year.
I alternate between my North Face Metropolis Parka and my Black wool Max Mara coat from around the end of October to the end of March. After that, with the days getting a little bit longer and brighter, it seems so dark and depressing to be still wearing those coats. I had a Burberry trench but got rid of it when I couldn't alter it anymore (I went from a size 14/16 to a 6/8 last year so I'll be looking to replace it soon.
I'll break out the leather moto jacket around the last week of March or early April provided it's not still snowing.
You know it's funny because people are always giving me grief for having like 15 coats, but I have to remind them that I live in a place where you need to wear a coat 9 months of the year. If you want to be comfortable, that is.

I was going to purchase a Metro Coat two days ago, had the coat in my cart in the pink and was ready to make the purchase but I guess someone beat me to it and purchased the last one.

I found a purple coat at one of our local boutiques today! I never think to go in there to purchase clothes, only to the tailor in the back. It is so cute and just a little above the knee in a purple spring color. Super excited! The girl told me they order coats every year and most years they end up having to mark them down super cheap because it doesn't get cold enough where we are for people to buy them. I ended up getting it for only 200$!