What is your Skincare Routine?

a/m
hada labo foaming face wash in the pump bottle
armani soft peeling lotion (toner)
moisturiser from my derm, all over including eyes and neck
biore uv watery essence sunblock

p/m
same as the morning except i use an oil cleanser (usually drugstore) before my face wash and no sunblock

The best products I find are the one from Ordinary range, especially Advanced retinoid 2%, I use it almost every day, it goes perfect for my skin. I have also tried dermaroller recently and then I heavily moisturize my skin with linoleic acid as it gets dry for a few days after I do dermarolling.

Drunk Elephant Pekee bar for cleansing,
Drunk Elephant baby facial 2x a month. A dear friend gifted me a Sephora gc recently and I ordered these.

My aunt gifted me La Mer the concentrate and cream. It worked great the first week but I now I find myself breaking out. Prior to this I was using First Aid Beauty so I may go back to that.

At the risk of sounding amateur-ish, I have had great results with regular bar soap and water. I use cold cream from Caudalie to remove make-up around the eyes, but if I ever apply foundation (like for a special occasion), I wash it off with soap and water. The idea is that if soap can't take care of it, I probably shouldn't put it on my face anyway. That and no tobacco or alcohol and plenty of water. Totally honest here, not trolling. I feel like putting too many chemicals on my face might actually damage it more than help it. I do put on SPF 50 sunscreen if I go to the beach, but nothing at all on a day to day basis.

Reactions: mochiblure
At the risk of sounding amateur-ish, I have had great results with regular bar soap and water. I use cold cream from Caudalie to remove make-up around the eyes, but if I ever apply foundation (like for a special occasion), I wash it off with soap and water. The idea is that if soap can't take care of it, I probably shouldn't put it on my face anyway. That and no tobacco or alcohol and plenty of water. Totally honest here, not trolling. I feel like putting too many chemicals on my face might actually damage it more than help it. I do put on SPF 50 sunscreen if I go to the beach, but nothing at all on a day to day basis.

I think you might be right. I was using retin and glycolic acid and lytic acid to name but a few. Not at the same time of course. Initially things looked good but after a while my skin felt sensitive and sore and kept breaking out. I switched to a simple cleanser and moisturiser and my skin has never felt better and is very clear.

Reactions: marie132
I think you might be right. I was using retin and glycolic acid and lytic acid to name but a few. Not at the same time of course. Initially things looked good but after a while my skin felt sensitive and sore and kept breaking out. I switched to a simple cleanser and moisturiser and my skin has never felt better and is very clear.
Oh yeah, and for special cases, like on the plane, I apply a generous amount of Nivea Soft (works for hands and face), mostly to prevent moisture loss from the A/C. It works pretty well, imho. Sometimes the most mainstream stuff is the best.

My sister washes her face with baby soap and very occasionally uses the Nivea soft creme as well. She doesnt wear any make up either and her skin is flawless.
I did use retinol creams and aha's and glycolic peels and vitamin c lightening serums ect. I spent a small fortune in skincare. Like another poster it looked good but then after a year or 2 of living in a hot climate I noticed brown spots and fine lines agghhh!! And I was using SPF110 every am and pm!!!
It completely scared me off ever using anything that makes my skin sensitive to the sun and photo aging. There is a danger you solve one problem and end up creating another. I think you have to be super diligent to wear hats, glasses and high SPF with those products and not spend any time in the sun.
Anyway I am happy using a super gentle for sensitive skin cleanser and SPF 110 in the am and at night I use the same cleanser, an organic face oil (Kora organics noni face oil) and a beauty counter eye cream.

I did the whole multi-step beauty routine and it just made me break out. I've realized I have sensitive skin that's also acne prone! Less is more for me. Also prescription strength ingredients from Curology has helped a lot.

AM:
CosRX good morning cleanser
Klairs supple preparation unscented toner
Mizon snail eye cream
Amore Pacific the Essential Creme Fluid
EltaMD UV clear sunscreen

PM:
Shu Uemura cleansing oil
Cetaphil cleanser + foreo luna cleansing device
Klairs supple preparation unscented toner
Mizon snail eye cream
Curology personalized blend (tretinoin, clindamycin, azoleic acid)
Amore Pacific the Essential Creme Fluid

Reactions: traveler727
I have dry, sensitive skin and I get acne on my forehead and chin. I find that using less products and focusing on hydration works best for me

AM:
  1. Wash with water
  2. Avene thermal spray - I find this very hydrating & soothing, also helps with redness
  3. Mario Badescu rosewater spray
  4. Olay sensitive skin moisturizer with SPF 15
  5. Bioderma eye contour gel
PM:
  1. Bioderma micellar water if I wore makeup
  2. Avene extremely gentle cleanser lotion
  3. Clinique 72 hour hydrator mask or Fresh rose mask then rinse with water
  4. L’Oreal detoxifying and brightening clay cleanser
  5. Avene thermal spray
  6. Mario Badescu rosewater spray
  7. The Body Shop vitamin E moisturizer
3-4 times a week I will use The Body Shop tea tree cleanser on my forehead and chin only, it gets rid of my acne but it’s a bit drying to use daily.

AM:
Cetaphil Cleanser
Olay Day Cream with SPF

PM:
Cetaphil Cleanser
Loreal Micellar Water - to remove makeup
Olay Eye Cream
Olay Night Serum

*Etude House Collagen Facial Mask once in two weeks
*Palmers Scar Serum 3x a day only applied specifically to my Ice Pick Acne Scars

In the future Im planning to level up my skincare with Estee Lauder and Lamer

A.M.:
L'Oreal face wash
Nivea sunblock
Chapstick
Laura Mercier foundation (to keep the oil out)

P.M.:
makeup remover
L'Oreal face wash
L'Oreal toner
Nivea creme

Every fourth night:
L'Oreal scrub

When I have acne:
Bath soap

After my acne:
All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream

When there's no water:
Wet wipes

I started a k-beauty routine but not all my products are korean. Since I am new to it and at the minimum I would be doing 5 steps in the AM and 9 in the PM, I decided to get products from the drugstore or Target and some samples I got from Sephora instead of investing in some of the pricey k-beauty brands. For the past month I have done the following...

AM: 1. wash with water only unless my face is feeling oily then I will either wash with cetaphil foam cleanser or st. ives stick cleanser
2. swipe face with cotton pad doused with Thayer's Rose Petal Toner, then follow with a splash of same toner and pat into cheeks, chin, forehead, nose and neck
3. Origins Original Skin Dual Ferment Essence
4. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (sample)
5. Clinique All About Eyes cream
6. Caudalie Vinoperfect Moisturizing Sorbet (sample)
7. Cerave SPF30 Facial Moisturizing Lotion

PM: 1. Burts Bees Facial Cleansing Oil w/ Coconut & Argan Oil
2. Cetaphil foam cleanser
3. 2-3x a week Neogen Wine Exfoliating Pads
4. Thayer's Rose Petal Toner
5. Origins Essence
6. 2x a week treatment mask
7. Spot treatment or Caudalie serum
8. Clinique eye cream
9. Caudalie moisturizer or Olay Whips

Since I have been pretty consistent and I am enjoying the results, I took the plunge and ordered some real k-beauty products. I am excited to see if they are as good as everyone says.

I had TERRIBLE skin as a teenager, but it magically (with zero help from me) cleared up in my mid 20s and I've been working to keep it nice ever since. My routine changes a bit in the seasons (I live on the east coast so the extreme weather changes have me changing products a few times a year) but I'm slowly narrowing down the products that work.

Currently, it's summer and humid and hot and gross.

AM:
cold water
Beauty First Aid sensitive skin cleanser
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Murad Hydro Dynamic ultimate moisturizer
StriVectin-SD eye cream
Renewed Hope in a jar skin tin moisturizer with spf
A quick matte finishing powder by Besame

about half an hour before I leave work, I put on SuperGoop spf 45 for sensitive skin on my face and neck for the ride home.

PM
Cold water
Wash face with Boscia Tsubaki cleansing oi-gel
Every other day I use Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel & Sheer Transformation perfecting moisturizer and StriVectin-SD eye cream
On days I don't use my Ole Henriksen, I use LaMer concentrate under my eyes, La Mer firming mask and LaMer Cooling gel

Twice a week I do a mask (No particular brand, but I try to find stuff with rose/primrose in it) and I try to do a light peel once a month.

This...looks like a lot, but it really only takes me about 10 minutes total in the morning and maybe 15 at night, and most of that is letting the serum sink in before putting on moisturizer. Or maybe I'm in denial and I have a real problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brigitte Evans