What is your plans after lockdown ?

FRUGAL123

Jun 6, 2020
Is anyone around the globe still on lockdown? My area has been out of "shelter at home" since approximately May 1st. However we have had a lot of restrictions and still aren't totally reopened. I am waiting on life to be a new, safe, normal. Whatever that is. I am looking forward to going back to work but that will probably last all of half a day :biggrin:
I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. ( South East Asia)
We already open our economy but country borders are still closed to foreign countries.
There are still a lot of restrictions.
I am disappointed with the government for allowing public transportation to operate at full capacity starting tommorow. ( I guess they need the revenue from fares badly )
I already spend the money for travel to buy purses. I am not going to apply visa to The United States this year , it can wait. I look forward to start my dance class .

Hq8

Aug 31, 2019
I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. ( South East Asia)
We already open our economy but country borders are still closed to foreign countries.
There are still a lot of restrictions.
I am disappointed with the government for allowing public transportation to operate at full capacity starting tommorow. ( I guess they need the revenue from fares badly )
I already spend the money for travel to buy purses. I am not going to apply visa to The United States this year , it can wait. I look forward to start my dance class .
i think borders will open after a couples of months , save your money until travel allowed . take care

coco_puff

Jul 8, 2015
We have been re-opened, but I don’t feel safe to do my normal routine yet. I would like to take my kids to library, playgrounds, the beach, etc... and travel. We canceled 2 trips due to lockdown, and not planning anymore trip for at least another year.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

maye

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando, FL
Once we are back to open I would love to: go to Clearwater Beach in FL and stay 3-4 nights, bowling, restaurants for dinner, shopping! We are still in lockdown even though FL is open.

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
As soon as this passes I plan to visit my daughter in Florida. I miss her terribly and worry about her since the virus is spreading so much there. Borders are closed between Canada and the US.

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Boethius' Prison
As soon as this passes I plan to visit my daughter in Florida. I miss her terribly and worry about her since the virus is spreading so much there. Borders are closed between Canada and the US.
Border is closed for people driving to and from the USA but you can board a plane and fly to Florida and fly back. Flights have not been canceled. That is what some people have been doing since March because in our region, there are quite a lot of people with relatives living in the states (also we have a lot of dual citizens). I really wish this isn't the case and that Trudeau really shut down the border completely by air to non-essential travel to and from the USA. At least the land border is closed - I can't imagine how high our covid cases would be if our border remained open or reopens too soon (imo he should only open it once the US has effective leadership in place to handle their situation).

Last edited:
Reactions: 880

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Border is closed for people driving to and from the USA but you can board a plane and fly to Florida and fly back. Flights have not been canceled. That is what some people have been doing since March because in our region, there are quite a lot of people with relatives living in the states (also we have a lot of dual citizens). I really wish this isn't the case and that Trudeau really shut down the border completely by air to non-essential travel to and from the USA. At least the land border is closed - I can't imagine how high our covid cases would be if our border remained open or reopens too soon (imo he should only open it once the US has effective leadership in place to handle their situation).
I know flying is an option BUT no travel insurance would EVER cover me should I get sick there and that’s one country you DON’T ever want to get sick in without insurance! I agree whole heartedly that Trudeau should have closed the border completely esp given how lax the airports are with screening their passengers. It makes zero sense to allow people in from a country with high cases of the virus and ineffective leadership. No country should take offense to this- it’s just the responsible thing to do.

Reactions: 880 and GhstDreamer

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
We were going to open things up a bit yesterday the 29th but then our cases went up and that plan was canceled. I'm in San Francisco. My company has asked us to stay working from home at least until September 7, and it may be longer. I've got cabin fever but the cases here just keep going up so I mostly stay at home, except to walk the dog. Masks are mandatory. I have groceries delivered.

Reactions: 880

Luv2Shop1

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
Well, I ate out twice (dine-in) and got my hair cut & colored...now restaurants are closed again for dine-in...so...I guess I'll make my next list of what I'll do once lock-down ends. :shocked: