What is your perfect H bag collection?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know there have been several threads on the stages/progression of buying and purging our H collections, but as I read those threads, I didn't really get a feel for what everyone's perfect collection would be.

I'm trying to figure this out for my own collection, and feel like I'm reaching critical mass and need to purge a few bags so that I have fewer in my collection and that they all get rotated more often for a better "cost per wear".

I recently added a croc lindy to my collection that I truly love, and plan to add another croc to my collection this year, but I feel faint when I add up the total $ amount of my collection.

I know Perlerare mentioned in another thread that she was trying to whittle her collection to 5 total H bags to serve all her needs. (Not sure if that ever happened. :graucho:) I'd love to know what those key pieces are for everyone.

I think I'd feel more comfortable with fewer bags, even if each bag or some of these bags was a more expensive skin. I feel like a might need to purge before I purchase anything else. How many bags can one girl carry afterall? Or, maybe I need to stop adding up the total of the goods. ;)

2. Adding is dangerous!

That being said, my ideal collection would consist of a playful bag, a ladylike bag, a war bag, Summer bag, and an evening bag.

Playful - a shoulder bag like my Fons, or the Lindy, Picotin, ect. Low maintenance to carry
    Ladylike - Kelly or a Piano - small, delicate, handheld
    War - shove everything and just keep on going - this bag has seen the wars, and lived to boast about it. HAC, Birkin, oversized Lindy, Possibly Victoria, PB, ... Big and fits stuff.
    Summer - Trim, Picotin, ect. Something in either vibrato, toile, or a cheerful colour
    Evening - Can be non H, but Constance, baby bag, ect. Medor is a bit too stiff for my tastes.

3. 32 cm Kelly bag-for dress up or down
    30cm Birkin-for casual chic and dressy casual
    22cm So Kelly bag-carefree journeys
    Kelly wallet-dress up or down
    28 cm HAC-just because...

The fabulous five :cloud9:

4. My perfect collection is in my avatar. :biggrin:

Day/Night out - Jige PM
    Classic handbag - BBK
    Classic shoulder bag - Trim
    Workhorse - Evelyne PM
    Casual grab n go - Picotin PM

5. Very interesting, Vintage Leather. Do you strictly adhere to one bag per category?

I would definitely agree with those categories for myself, the problem (or privilege) is that I have several bags for each category. I can think of one or two at the moment that I could probably live without, but on the other hand, I still like them. But, I'm starting to feel stress about the growing size of my collection simply because the more I have the less often I can wear any one of them. I would love to have a well thoght out, tightly edited collection, but there is always more that I want!

6. You are so lucky crochetbella to already know and have your perfect collection. Congratulations! Are you still tempted by other bags/colors? Do you resist?

7. Herein lies the problem for me - the "just because"! LOL! Just because it is a great size/color/skin, etc. I love what I have, but at a certain point with anything for me, it can become too much of a good thing. I start to feel glutonous (sp?).

8. Yes, exactly

At my peak (in the span of a year)
    3 jige pm evergrain and box
    2 kelly 28, BBK and porc, ghw
    2 evelyne, barenia toile pm phw and togo gm ghw
    2 picotin barenia pm and clemence mm phw
    1 tgm picotin phw for my mom
    1 leather toile tsako, ghw
    1 vintage type golf style rouge h box bag, ghw
    1 32 HAC barenia ghw
    1 30 birkin VN black phw

pared down to a variation of Vintage Leather (my interpretation of the bag functions)
    1 BBK 28 ghw (chic classic)
    1 30 birkin VN black phw (edgy attitude)
    1 32 HAC Barenia (casual )
    1 40 paris bombay fjord (urban winter)
    1 barenia toile evelyne (only because it is in Paris spa) (summer) * am looking for a great summer bag - hopefully monochrome crinoline leather combo - but have decided picotin, evelyne are not "me"

9. I like this thread. My ideal collection would be:
    workhorse: Birkin 35
    casual: Kelly SO 22
    "just because": Black Box Kelly 32

After I got my birkin, I immediately wanted more but I soon realized that because I don't swap out bags often, it would mean a lot of $$$ in bags mostly collecting dust. I figured these three would satisfy my H bag fix, and would leave me with a lot more $$$ to spend on other non-bag lux items.

10. I am like crochetbella and 880 - my perfect collection is the one i have!

Toile barenia birkin 35, VO barenia birkin 35, etoupe togo birkin 35

one day maybe the dream of a black barenia crinoline birkin 35 or the perfect red (RV Fjord!) but i am done for now.

11. I am very much a beginner when it comes to H collecting. That being said, I know what colors and style best suits my casual life. My perfect H collection would be...

28cm braise croc kelly with GHW and shinny alligator KP (in a bright color)--for dress up/night time

30cm birkins (in all my favorite colors and skins :P)--for my casual life

12. As much as I would love to have just those bags - or be content with a small collection - I have little to no brand loyalty - I buy gorgeous, well-made bags from a lot of different companies.
    That means a dearth of H funds - and I change bags every day.

I am selling off several non-H bags to find future purchases, however.

13. Thanks for the compliment - you helped refine my aesthetic! This would be the grail^^^ phw - doesn;t perlerare have it?
    :hugs:

14. Actually, I do...I think there is another tPFer with one but I am blanking on who that is....
    To answer the question, I like the pared-down philosophy. I think the "perfect collection" partly is dictated by one's lifestyle, but in the broadest of strokes:

35 Birkin in black or gold, textured leather
    28 Kelly, sellier, boxcalf, in black or rouge H
    31 Bolide in a color
    Medium-sized garden party in toile
    Kelly longue, Kelly cut or Kelly elan pochette in box (or swift if KL) in a subdued color or neutral

15. Thank you :flowers: and yes! I am still tempted by so many bags! But I have very limited funds for H so I have tried to stick to adding to the collection slowly. (one bag a year) I would still love a Bolide someday or Kelly Pochette. And I am tempted by the Cabag and the leather Garden Party. :biggrin: