Food What is your perfect bacon sandwich recipe? :drool:

Avocado, turkey, lettuce and tomato is my favorite summer lunch.

I also cook bacon in the oven, it was a life changing discovery. No mess, and perfect flat bacon everytime.

Darn I'd heard of cooking bacon in the oven but held out assuming it was nasty. I guess I'm going to have to try it now.

Where is everyone finding the Dartangan? Assuming this is bread of some sort?

Darn I'd heard of cooking bacon in the oven but held out assuming it was nasty. I guess I'm going to have to try it now.

Where is everyone finding the Dartangan? Assuming this is bread of some sort?

You'll never go back! Perfect bacon and minimal clean up. I put in on a broiler pan or even a cooling rack over a cookie sheet, and all the fat just drips down.

This is what started me on it, it's like crack.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-and-Spicy-Bacon-105739

D'Artagnan is a high end meat shop and maker.

Oops I almost missed the point of the thread - a contribution! :lol:

I used to get this from the deli at work and it was so good I started making it at home.

It is: chopped red and green bell pepper, cucumbers, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, hard boiled eggs, yellow mustard and mayo on pita bread. Very simple, but really delicious.

I love grilled bacon and peanut butter sandwiches.
I cook the bacon until crispy first.
While it cooks I butter slices of bread on one side only. I spread peanut butter on the unbuttered sides and place the bacon strips on the peanut butter.
Then I make sandwiches and grill them in a frying pan.

You'll never go back! Perfect bacon and minimal clean up. I put in on a broiler pan or even a cooling rack over a cookie sheet, and all the fat just drips down.

This is what started me on it, it's like crack.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-and-Spicy-Bacon-105739

D'Artagnan is a high end meat shop and maker.

Do you think I could get the same result if I used a cast iron grill pan? I don't have a wire rack, but I was thinking maybe the fat would go down into the slats of it the same?

I read this thread months ago and remembered the bacon in the oven thing, but never tried it but yesterday I did bacon in the oven for the first time and I am converted!

We usually have bacon and eggs on a Sunday morning and I have never put the oven on just for a few slices of bacon as it seems wasteful (my dear old mother-in-law always said that you NEVER put the oven on for just one thing!), but I was baking brownies, so i put a tray of bacon in too.

I just put it on a flat tray lined with some baking paper and it was perfect. I kind of always thought the oven would dry it out too much, but it was great.

Anyway, my favourite bacon sandwich - grilled turkish bread, topped with crispy bacon, ripe red tomatoes, shredded lettuce, mashed avocado (with lots of ground black pepper) and garlic aioli. YUM!