What is your overall beauty routine or must do (pro or diy) to look put together and prettier? 35+

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Hairdresser, beautician, cosmetic touch up / plastic surgery, etc...
I am used to be surrounded with women who do not care...but I do! How to do an overall take care routine when you are over 35 and things start to fall apart?
Hair : So I have been to the hairdresser but prefer my natural color but have really thinning hair :/
Face : beautician for a facial every change of season, and got fillers 18 months ago. time for a touch up.
Eyebrows : so important, I got an artist doing them but thinking about microblading.
Teeth : whitening
Body : just the gym....anything for the aging skin?

more ideas that make a difference???

Hairdresser, beautician, cosmetic touch up / plastic surgery, etc...
I am used to be surrounded with women who do not care...but I do! How to do an overall take care routine when you are over 35 and things start to fall apart?
Hair : So I have been to the hairdresser but prefer my natural color but have really thinning hair :/
Face : beautician for a facial every change of season, and got fillers 18 months ago. time for a touch up.
Eyebrows : so important, I got an artist doing them but thinking about microblading.
Teeth : whitening
Body : just the gym....anything for the aging skin?

more ideas that make a difference???
Regular yoga! I see women over 50 and their skin looks amazing.plus they can move like much younger people. ...and don't wait till over 35 to start.my nice is only 17 and loves it.

Regular yoga! I see women over 50 and their skin looks amazing.plus they can move like much younger people. ...and don't wait till over 35 to start.my nice is only 17 and loves it.
thank you! I used to practice yoga -yeah even went to Bali- but haven´t done anything for almost a year due to health. I need to get back onto it, gentle.
Oh and also, I prioritize looking more put together and Make the best of what I have, over looking younger.

Reactions: gelbergirl
Yoga, pilates & meditation are all helpful
Lipstick & eyebrows can make the world of difference
We have to push perhaps a little more to feel good about ourselves
Taking care of yourself inside will show outside..
No Smoking, drinking etc helps one looks healthier
Retinol & sunscreen do wonders

Reactions: taho and gelbergirl
Yoga is great, especially as we get older. I'm 51 and exercise 4-5 days a week. My favorite things are fitness kickboxing and going for walks. I use retinol serum/moisturizer along with sunscreen. I second a good lipstick and eyebrows. At 33 years old I had chemotherapy for breast cancer. My eyebrows never grew back as full as they once were, so I use an eyebrow gel and it really does make a difference.

For my skin, I've never once slept in my make up. No matter how tired I've been, I've always washed and moisturized my face before sleep, and my skin has thanked me for that.

Now I'm over 40, I rely on Primer under a very light application of foundation. I love the Benefit Pore-fessional Pearl Primer! I also use Revlon Skin Lights illuminator in pink light under my eyes, rather than a concealer; and am much happier with the result. With dry, aging skin, I no longer use powder cosmetics - liquid, cream, gel, etc.

On Friday night instead of my usual evening moisturizer I use the Arcona Wine Hydrating Mask as a moisturizer (thin layer, massaged gently into the skin, and not washed off), on Saturday night I do the same thing with Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask. It's a 'trick' I learned several years ago when getting a facial. I haven't gotten a facial since Covid hit, but used to get them in spring and fall. Luckily I inherited perfectly shaped eyebrows from my Mom - sadly, I didn't inherit her slimness or height.

I also have thin hair, and stopped dying it dark brown. Found out I'm not ready to go grey, but using a light brown that matches my natural color, so I don't need to get it dyed as often since only the grey roots show, not all the lighter brown roots. And the grey roots are so much less visible against the lighter brown.

For my skin, I've never once slept in my make up. No matter how tired I've been, I've always washed and moisturized my face before sleep, and my skin has thanked me for that.

Now I'm over 40, I rely on Primer under a very light application of foundation. I love the Benefit Pore-fessional Pearl Primer! I also use Revlon Skin Lights illuminator in pink light under my eyes, rather than a concealer; and am much happier with the result. With dry, aging skin, I no longer use powder cosmetics - liquid, cream, gel, etc.

On Friday night instead of my usual evening moisturizer I use the Arcona Wine Hydrating Mask as a moisturizer (thin layer, massaged gently into the skin, and not washed off), on Saturday night I do the same thing with Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask. It's a 'trick' I learned several years ago when getting a facial. I haven't gotten a facial since Covid hit, but used to get them in spring and fall. Luckily I inherited perfectly shaped eyebrows from my Mom - sadly, I didn't inherit her slimness or height.

I also have thin hair, and stopped dying it dark brown. Found out I'm not ready to go grey, but using a light brown that matches my natural color, so I don't need to get it dyed as often since only the grey roots show, not all the lighter brown roots. And the grey roots are so much less visible against the lighter brown.
I’m really interested by your weekend routine, and am considering trying the same! Do you mind if I ask what skin type you have? My skin can lean sensitive but does tolerate many products. I thought I’d ask. Thanks!

Reactions: JenJBS
I’m really interested by your weekend routine, and am considering trying the same! Do you mind if I ask what skin type you have? My skin can lean sensitive but does tolerate many products. I thought I’d ask. Thanks!

I have dry skin, and live in a desert environment, so it's all about hydration. Good luck! It should work with any nourishing or hydrating mask, so if you have one you know doesn't bother your skin it should be fine. Good luck!

I’m 39 and this is my routine:

- I visit the hair salon every 6-8 weeks. Every time I get my hair done, I get a treatment as well. Our hair becomes thinner and more prone to damage as we get older.

- I don’t go for facials or anything med spa related. I have very sensitive skin so I have to be very careful.

I mostly use only La Mer skin care products. i even use their body lotion to help keep my body skin looking good and soft. I also do get massages but not on a regular basis.

- I get my nails done every 4-6 weeks

-I don’t get my brows done. I’m a natural blonde and my brows are barely there as is. I clean them up with one of those facial hair razors as needed and fill them in.

- I wear makeup pretty much every day. I swear by Chantecaille future skin. I think that it’s the perfect foundation for aging skin that I have found thus far

- I’ll probably never do eyelash extensions, lift and tint or micro blading or permanent makeup.

- I take some beauty related supplements - hair skin and nails, biotin and a collagen supplement

- I always use sunscreen

- I don’t drink

- Even though this is something that I struggle with- I do believe that the less sugar you ingest the better off you will be in the long term

Reactions: keodi
When you all say lipstick, is a darker shade going to age us Or doesn’t it matter
Too dark or too light aren’t the most flattering on me personally. My skin is pretty fair and I’m a blonde though. If you are looking for some more mid tone, brighter or deeper shades- I really recommend checking out Bobbi Brown crushed matte lipsticks. My favorite shade is cranberry. I always look better after I put it on!

Hello Ladies!

Skin: my skin became much dryer and prone to pimples. I think it’s because of the hormones. I was always a fan of korean skincare, now I use a lot of Paulas Choice products too. I always use a strong sunscreen.

beauty Treatments: before Covid, I wore lash extensions and went to the manicure and pedicure. I do pedicure now, but not more. The lash extensions where amazing, I am fair skinned and blonde and with them, I always looked more awake. But I can do without too, just need mascara.

medical treatments: Botox and filler. Not much, but I personally think, that it is better to start in my 30‘s than in my 50‘s.

make up: I like Chanel Make up, but I use only a bb Cream (missha) and concealer, mascara and something on my eyebrows. I like a little blush and Highlighter, but I don’t contour, bake or do eyeshadow. I like a more clean look that shows the skin.
i always use some form of lip colour. I don’t think it has to be heavy, but just a little bit of sheen is a big difference.

body: I personally think, that it is important not never to stop your training. As I watch the people around me getting older (I have a lot of older friends), movement in any way seem to be highly important. Waking or biking or sailing or golf is nice (and anybody does this) - the really big difference seems to hide in the other sports. Yoga, Gym workouts, dancing, pilates.
I do Ballett and Yoga and some stuff for my muscles. Ususally at the Gym and in a Studio, but because of Covid at home.