What is your 'mantra'?

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Do you have a phrase that you believe in so much you find yourself repeating it over and over...and why?

Mine is 'No fake drama'! I find myself thinking it so often...when listening to friends complain about 'the small things', reading some posts...and to myself, when I find myself getting irritated...thankfully this little phrase really helps me keep it in perspective and has made my life so much better!

I am looking forward to hearing your mantra's and learning :smile:

Last edited:
"It's a first world problem"

This helps me keep perspective of how lucky I am in life, and how things that I may get upset about are just minuscule and so insignificant compared with what others face in different parts of the world.

"It's a first world problem"

This helps me keep perspective of how lucky I am in life, and how things that I may get upset about are just minuscule and so insignificant compared with what others face in different parts of the world.

Love this!!! How true! We are so lucky and would be so much happier to remember that!

Love this!!! How true! We are so lucky and would be so much happier to remember that!

Thanks, Tink! :smile: My SO uses it too. There are times when one of us may get angry or frustrated about something...and he or I will say it to the other and it immediately diffuses the situation and helps us keep things in perspective. :heart:

hm. Great question. I don't really have one for myself, but something someone else said to me once has always stuck with me and I remember it often, " It's all what you make of it. "

I also like, "you get what you give." I'd say this one is mine. It's helped me in making positive changes in my life and has helped me just be a happier person overall. I've found most of the time it's true.

Last edited:
"Mind over body" and something a Marine once told me, "your body can do so much more than you think it can" (nothing perverted about it, LOL! We were on a 8 mile hike).

It's totally true.. I try to push myself to the limit all the time, especially when my first instinct tells me I can't accomplish something (like quitting smoking, getting over fear of heights, etc)

"Mind over body" and something a Marine once told me, "your body can do so much more than you think it can" (nothing perverted about it, LOL! We were on a 8 mile hike).

It's totally true.. I try to push myself to the limit all the time, especially when my first instinct tells me I can't accomplish something (like quitting smoking, getting over fear of heights, etc)

that's a good one!

i've got a few, but the first one that comes to mind that i've been reminding mysel of lately is:

comfort is the enemy of progress