What is your longest and/or shortest wait for a SO or PO?

I placed a simple PO (gold togo 35 birkin w/gold hw) at a Feb podium and got a bag in oPeople guessed that this was a bag the store already had on order and gave to menly a couple of months. .
I am waiting on a SO I placed last fall. The store manager told me it should come by August.

I got my first PO in two month. It was just the first from the podium that come into shop.

My raisin box was a special order and it took about 1 year.

I just placed an order for a longer Evelyne strap. My SA warned me that another customer had to wait over 4 years for her Evelyne strap. Makes no sense to me since the Evelyne straps require very little actual hand work.

It does seem as though some stores get things quicker than others, no?

^^ Definitely.

I'm already over 1 year for my regular PO... meanwhile the store keeps offering me near-misses. Sweet, to keep me in mind, but it's hard watching a bigticket item get more and more pricey as I wait LoL

(PS WAVES :drinkup: at Sus!!)

Is this H's gimmick to have you pay for a order. Since they keep having price increase ( sometimes twice a year), they are making some kind of a profit for being slow. I don't know of any other business that get reward for being slow. I think when they take a PO or SO they should ask for 50% payment and honor the price at time of order. After all they can't seem to predict when the bag will get to you.

I'm still waiting for a SO going on 5 years. The shortest was a year. After the SO i've already given for 2009, I will no longer do any more. I find I pass on other bags offered and my SO don't always arrive.

Can anyone get on the Birkin list or is it better to have made prior purchases??

I guess it depends on the store. I just walked in (four years ago) and asked about "this whole birkin thing". A few months later DH and I walked in again, I told them what I want and got it half a year later. size 35, regular leather.

I called the Hermes store in canada and they won't even put me on a list cause they feel i should buy other Hermes product 1st so i experience the "Hermes lifestlye" I guess i'll never get one cause i only want a birkin.... i don't want scarves, jewellery, etc

I just placed an order for a longer Evelyne strap. My SA warned me that another customer had to wait over 4 years for her Evelyne strap. Makes no sense to me since the Evelyne straps require very little actual hand work.

It does seem as though some stores get things quicker than others, no?

slightly off topic, but I just ordered a canvas strap last Sat. for my kelly and Manuella at BH said she will order the material from Paris this week. Even though she didn't say exactly how long it was going to take, I certainly hope it's not going to take 4 years:crybaby:

I've got my fingers crossed that my SO is somewhere in between the 1 week and 4 years time frame!! Such variation on how long things it takes to get these in! My SA chuckled when I asked her for an estimate of time, and said, this is Hermes, they will send it to us when they send it to us, no telling when! I am learning patience...