What is your $ limit on Vintage Coach bag purchases?

What is your $ limit on Vintage Coach bag purchases?

• $0 - $25

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $26 - $50

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • $51 - $75

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • $76 - $100

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • $101 - $150

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • $151 - $300

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • $301 - $500

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • $501 - $1000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Over $1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I enjoy rehabbing but because I started doing it this year, I missed the boat for vintage Coach bags that are in need of TLC being under $50.

I keep a spreadsheet of my purse collections with information about each bag. For my vintage Coach collection, out of 22 bags (so far), one of my columns is final cost (what I paid + taxes + S&H) and on average I have paid $68.

The least I have paid (using final cost) is $32 ($18.50 bid, $13.50 taxes + s&h) for a 1998 Mahogany cosmetic pouch from the Tribeca collection. The most I have paid is $79 ($53 BIN, $26 taxes + s&h) for a circa ~1983-1988 British Tan Convertible Clutch.

I do have some wishlist Coach items and an idea of the max I would pay for them. While I haven’t broken the $100 barrier yet, if I saw one of the bags I have been hunting for, and depending on the condition, I would be willing to pay for it (within some reason, depending on production year, color, condition)

The thrift stores around me do not put out name brand bags. And if it is a name brand, it has either been out behind the counter or posted online these days. So eBay is the only place I have purchased vintage Coach, but the shipping and handling costs that people charge for these bags gets really ridiculous sometimes. :tdown: If I were to cut out the cost of s&h my bags would have averaged closer to $47 each.
I keep a list too of what I’ve purchased all in per bag….I have 40 Vintage bags so far and 3 vintage wallets….ebay is also my go to…best deal I was able to find so far after discovering vintage Coach bags was a basic bag in bone colour for $36 USD all in….I also noticed shipping sure is expensive this year….not sure if it is just another area of crazy inflation or if eBay did something different, but I remember paying only $20 for shipping to Canada and now it can be as high as $50.

I keep a list too of what I’ve purchased all in per bag….I have 40 Vintage bags so far and 3 vintage wallets….ebay is also my go to…best deal I was able to find so far after discovering vintage Coach bags was a basic bag in bone colour for $36 USD all in….I also noticed shipping sure is expensive this year….not sure if it is just another area of crazy inflation or if eBay did something different, but I remember paying only for shipping for $20 to Canada and now it can be as high as $50.
Shipping costs just keep going up. Most buyers don't realize how expensive it is for the seller. It often costs me more because I am on one coast.

I think the most I’ve paid for a vintage is my Baxter for $120? It needed to be rehabbed but it was in overall great shape. My red Patty was my most expensive that needed no rehabbing at $115. Most of mine have been in the $30-$60 range. I’d spend up to $200 if it was a color I was having difficulty finding and in ready to wear, turnkey shape.

I just started my vintage coach obsession and found one for $30! Trying to limit myself to 100 because I know when I get the bug I’m going to have to really make sure I don’t spend all my extra money. Trying to be patient enough to find as many as I can in vintage stores/ estate sales

It’s so addictive!!!

A mix of prices here in the UK. My lowest is around £15 (Mini Daypack with repaired strap that needs looking at) and highest £108 (Lavender Mini Ergo).

I love researching and finding the old catalogue photos and I love rehabbing too. Such a satisfying hobby.

So glad I found the Purse Forum. The Authenticators are invaluable 😍.