What is your HONEST opinion on these bag covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very surprised ******** did this.
Don’t know anything personal about her other than reading some of her articles and being on her blog.

Maybe this is not about selling the frocks but a PR move to make herself and her blog known to a bigger audience?
Just a thought...
What’s the worst it can happen? If she doesn’t sell, but people are talking about it, the word can still get around, articles written about it and that’s free publicity for her?

Last edited:
Reactions: rainnebeauxday
That’s fine, but my point is that I dont think this is about Hermès at all - it’s about her. I think this item suits her aesthetic perfectly. And that’s what she’s selling here.
Yep totally! Everything this person does is about her!

Regarding her blog articles, when she used to post more on this forum in order to draw more reader for her blog, I saw some headlines sent by some friends, I must say, if you are a reader of TPF, you will find a LOT of similarities of some of her articles and things already posted here. Let's just say her articles were not original! I don't know anything about her current blog content or whether the "similarly" has gone away or not.

Regarding her blog articles, when she used to post more on this forum in order to draw more reader for her blog, I saw some headlines sent by some friends, I must say, if you are a reader of TPF, you will find a LOT of similarities of some of her articles and things already posted here. Let's just say her articles were not original! I don't know anything about her current blog content or whether the "similarly" has gone away or not.
This. A lot of info is not new or original or even accurate sometimes. Nothing against her personally but I think if one wants credibility it's better to check facts first and try to write original posts.

Interesting... i havent Been around TPF long enough to know that, but this would annoy me if I were

There is no ******** brand. She’s a person who buys handbags and posts about it. I never found the information in her posts to be knowledgeable or insightful. It was all taken a bit too seriously. Most of the information clearly came from reading this forum. I suppose she’s trying to find a way to make money off her perceived fame. She should have asked for honest feedback before she launched this. I hope she didn’t invest a lot of money in it. Clearly her friends were too afraid to tell her the truth. I don’t mean to be mean but when it first went up on Instagram I noticed that she was deleting any less than favorable comments. That seems very dishonest.

It’s a clear no for me. It’s ugly, interferes with the function of the bag and could damage it. If someone gave me one I would pitch it in the trash immediately. Fortunately no one I know would spend $2000 on something like this.

I am very surprised ******** did this.
Don’t know anything personal about her other than reading some of her articles and being on her blog.

Maybe this is not about selling the frocks but a PR move to make herself and her blog known to a bigger audience?
Just a thought...
What’s the worst it can happen? If she doesn’t sell, but people are talking about it, the word can still get around, articles written about it and that’s free publicity for her?

Absolutely! DH and I are talking about this but for a different situation. Sometimes bad press or negativity is a good thing and can make you more popular or get the word out about u. Not saying whether it’s strategy or luck but it is publicity. As a result, everyone knows the blog from this particular thread.
And to stay on topic, I like the blog but not the frock :smile:

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
Interesting... I’ve been aware of the ******** site but haven’t spent much time looking at it; totally unaware that there was a “real person” behind the “frocks.” (I find that word so annoying, as these are... cropped jackets???... and not dresses.)

There are bloggers/celebrities whom I check out purely for H eye candy, even if I don’t necessarily think they have good taste otherwise. But if they do something as outrageously bad as the “frocks,” I will never trust their judgment again... like if they mention a nice cafe near their H boutique, I’ll discount the cafe because “what does she know?” In this sense, PBop could damage her affiliate relationships, if she has any. I’m just puzzled as to why someone like Jamie Chua would shill for these.

Status
Not open for further replies.