What is your heat set to?

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
We keep our heat on 69(odd number, I know!), and it is perfect for me. I dont like it too warm in the house because I like to snuggle up with blankets plus SO and I are usually in our robes, or long sleeve and pant PJ's.
But, I went over to the In-Laws today, and their heat was on 80!! I was sooooo friggin hot. I turned it down to 75 while we were there and I was still really warm, but wasnt sweating like I was before, and they started to complain about how cold it was! So, who cares about us-my FIL goes and turns it back up to 80, instead of putting on some dang clothes(he was walking around in his shorts and no shirt..eww)!! But thats another subject for the Family forum lmao!

So, it got me thinking...what do YOU have your heat set to?

Well, we were trying to keep it at a steady 68, but I got too cold (and was BUNDLED UP!), so I turned it up to 70 degrees during the day and 68 during the night. During the summer, we set the AC to 76 or 78.

We don't have a thermostat! We heat our house with a wood stove. It is so nice and warm. Right now the thermometer next to the computer says it's 72. If it's super cold I pile on the wood and turn it up. We use the wood from our orchard, so it doesn't cost us a thing. My DH would like to put in a system so that we can better circulate the heat (we use fans) and for the filtration. The wood makes it dusty in our house.