What is your favorite non-dark blue ever ? Do you like teal ?

French75

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Hi ladies,
I realized I really love blue bags (maybe because they look so good with jeans). I currently own 2 Tempête GSH (Day & City) and a 03 Blue Jean City. Although, I often find myself looking at blue bags pics from previous seasons. I'm particularly interested in 05 Teal (a RH Work maybe:P), even though I know it's hard to find. What do you think of this color ? Is it very versatile ? Not too bright ? The leather must be TDF (2005 !!).
As I'm pretty knew to the Balenciaga addiction, I would like to know what blue has been the most successfull in the past, according to you, what blue seems to be the most difficult to find now and, in general what are TPFer's favorite blue especially among non dark blue (ie except canard, marine or officer) ?

No emergency here, it's just to learn more about my favorite Balenciaga color
Thanks a lot !! :smile:

I am new myself so I wont be much help.
I do know what color's in Blue I love.
My favorite of all is Officier.
I also love in the lighter Blue shade, 06 Blueberry, 07 Aquamarine & 06 Cornflower.

Last edited:
Yes I absolutely adore my 2005 turquoise city, she has absolutely no fading issues.
I also love the 2005 indigo very much. But I have seen my 05 teal bags that have faded badly, so I would stay away from teal.

I've never seen it IRL, but Blue India in pictures at least looks like a really interesting blue, with some complexity to it.

I have a Tempete bag, and while it does go with everything I find the color itself to be just a bit dull.

Maldives to me is the best blue - a light and shimmery aqua-blue. Not many people seem to like it, which I don't understand....

Bal blues were my favorite bags for a number of years, and after having a number of them (sometimes multiple times, LOL) - I would say 05 Teal would be a good choice for versatility. I have an 05 Teal Day bag right now that is broken in to perfection and actually looks lovely with some Aquamarine tassels that I have on hand. I've had a few 05 Teal bags in various states of being broken-in, and the color has always been a nice pop, but still neutral enough to go with almost everything in my closet.

That being said, 07 Aqua is probably my favorite to look at, but I've tried 07 Aquamarine in a bunch of styles (First, Twiggy, City) - and while I love, love, love the color... I just can't seem to get the color to work with my wardrobe.

My favorite non-dark blues that I've owned would be: 05 Teal, 06 Blue India, 06 Blueberry, 07 Aquamarine, 05 Indigo - probably in that order too, as far as how well they worked with actually using them in my daily life. (Loved both Blueberry & Aquamarine, but just couldn't seem to use them as much.)

Thank you ladies for all your precious explanations !
I love reading inputs about all the colors I missed in the past. If I had been able to buy bags from the beginning I wonder how many of them I would have today (wow...)
Thanks bags4bubbles !! I'm happy to read teal is a pop but neutral enough to be versatile!
Thanks pinkydream ! I didn't know teal was a fading color :wtf: I guess if I can find one, I'm gonna buy it only in mint condition and not too expensive (not sure if it's possible though, lol)

I love Bal blues so much. The first Bal I fell in love with was an 08 Sky Blue with GGH. That and Maldives are my favorite non-dark blues. Maldives is such an underrated color. It's truly stunning in person.

I absolutely LOVE Bals blues!!

These are the ones I have in order of what I think is the most amazing:
'05 Navy - totally gorgeous!
'06 Cornflower
'10 Cyclade
'08 Electric Blue
'08 Marine
'05 Teal
'07 French Blue
'09 Ciel
'09 Tempete

I have an Officier on the way so I don't know where she will fall in the lineup.
I had an '08 Sky Blue but sold....hard color to wear for me plus the yellowing issue.

I would LOVE to see Maldives IRL!!
I think the color is spectacular

I would simply die for a '05 Turquoise :yes:!!

(....did I mention that blue was my favorite color??)

I love love 06 cornflower blue, it never photographs very well, but when the sun hits it, WOW!, it looks amazing.
I like the idea of french blue too, but never saw it IRL.

I'm a newbie but I really loved this Sky Blue RH Work I tried in the store a couple of weeks ago! :love:
picture.php