What is Your Favorite (Non-Chanel) Flap Bag?

misspurse

O.G.
Aug 21, 2011
any recommendations for a good flap bag that is *not* chanel?

(disclaimer: we all know chanel is the classic, but was looking for something outside the box).

anyway, doesn't have to be quilted or completely structured. just have a flap and can be worn on the shoulder. any material, color, etc. is fine.

what do you think? any favorites out there?

Rebecca Minkoff Beloved Mini, hands-down.

I was addicted to this bag at one point and had 23 in different colors, it is that good.

Now I'm a Bottega Veneta woman and have moved on...

I have a Marc Jacobs large single in Violet that I love. Kate Spade has had some tweed flap bags with chain straps that I have wanted, but none of them have been the right color/size combination. I also like the new vintage re-issue flap bag from Fossil. It appeals to my more casual side.

I think there are many, many flap bags out there because the style has become so classic. The Fossil re-issues are certainly eye-catching, and if you google your favourite designers there's a high likelihood they'll have lovely flaps :smile:

I just bought a flap bag from Banana Republic for my vacation in January. It's not leather but it's really cute and super affordable. It comes in three different colors, but I think there's more of a selection in stores.

I love my Hayden Harnett Bernardin Day Bag Flap. The one I have is in Yam, but I've promised myself that next time I see a black one, I will make it mine.
attachment.php

Attachments

• zzzzzhhyam.jpg
    zzzzzhhyam.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,752
I think that the Miss Dior bag is a remarkable flap bag, with superior craftsmanship:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dior Miss Dior foulard 3.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior foulard 3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 4,607