What is Your Favorite (Non-Chanel) Flap Bag?

misspurse

Aug 21, 2011
any recommendations for a good flap bag that is *not* chanel?

(disclaimer: we all know chanel is the classic, but was looking for something outside the box).

anyway, doesn't have to be quilted or completely structured. just have a flap and can be worn on the shoulder. any material, color, etc. is fine.

what do you think? any favorites out there?

indiaink

Well, that didn't last long.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Rebecca Minkoff Beloved Mini, hands-down.

I was addicted to this bag at one point and had 23 in different colors, it is that good.

Now I'm a Bottega Veneta woman and have moved on...

someday681

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
The South
I have a Marc Jacobs large single in Violet that I love. Kate Spade has had some tweed flap bags with chain straps that I have wanted, but none of them have been the right color/size combination. I also like the new vintage re-issue flap bag from Fossil. It appeals to my more casual side.

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
IRELAND
I think there are many, many flap bags out there because the style has become so classic. The Fossil re-issues are certainly eye-catching, and if you google your favourite designers there's a high likelihood they'll have lovely flaps :smile:

nygrl

O.G.
Apr 22, 2011
the city
I just bought a flap bag from Banana Republic for my vacation in January. It's not leather but it's really cute and super affordable. It comes in three different colors, but I think there's more of a selection in stores.

sylphfae

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
San Francisco
Third the Lanvin Happy! I love my Chanels, but find the Happy extremely charming -it looks less structured, and the ribbons are just adorable.