Food What is your favorite dish of your mother's?

Oh geez, there is a lot, hah!

I love my Mom's clam spaghetti; not the traditional Italian version though, hers has bacon and a few other yummy ingredients in it. I love the hash brown casserole she makes at Christmas; it's so simple, just cubed potatoes in a mixture of something I can't recall, topped with corn flakes and baked. Her cheese grits...her country fried steak...lol a lot!

I don't think she ever had any dishes. Grandma had so many, there wasn't really a need...

Oh wait - you meant food. I don't know if I could pick just one - my mother was equally adept at ordering in from all kinds of restaurants - Chinese, Italian, Ethiopian - no matter what the cuisine, she would always make sure that there would be something that everyone would like!

I wish I could say I had inherited her talent, but I sometimes tend to forget about guests who don't like anything "too hot."

nilaga (sp?) - It's a Filipino dish with chicken, cabbage, potatoes, and onions. Sooo yummy.

I also love her spaghetti with giant meatballs.

My mouth is watering lol.

Its my Moms spaghetti sauce. Its amazing. Its the only think I dont know how to make. She made it for a family of 7 PLUS for leftovers. Its a pinch of this and a little of that recipe. When she visits she makes it for me. I have a bunch of it in the extra freezer inthe garage.

:crybaby:My mom is really not a good cook at all. I love her to pieces, but, well, she is reallly awful in the kitchen. So is my MIL. REALLY. Its sad.

I could only come up with my moms mashed potatoes, and there were some good ginger snaps she used to make at christmas time, too.

..I love reading others' responses!!!

I am the cook in my family, but my mom makes all these weird casseroles that are pretty good. She makes a ham and egg one with cornflakes on top that is sooo tasty!

ProfNot, your mom's lemon mousse sounds AMAZING :drool: