What is your favorite brand of trousers?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love a great pair of trousers. For many years I bought trousers from Ann Demeuleemester but since she left the brand I haven't found a brand that is comparable, somewhat classic but with a little edge.
    Trousers that are dressy are easy to find but trousers with a cool casual cut and casual fabric are more difficult.
    What brand is your favorite?

2. Have you checked out Helmut Lang? Because it's one of my favorites. Also, I bet Alexander Wang has some cool pieces too. Good luck!

papertiger likes this.
  3. Hi Mia Bella! Thanks for the reply. I will check out Helmut Lang from now on. And AW too. I remember your posts in the Bal forum and always loved your style. ❤️

4. Theory, fit and quality is excellent.

aki_sato likes this.
  5. Thank you for reminding me of theory. I'm going shopping today and I think they have this at nordstroms. (rose). My emojis won't post!

6. Vince makes some good casual pants that could dbl as work pants if you order neutral colors, depending on field of work

aki_sato and maxxout like this.
  7. Thank you for adding to my list. I don't need work pants , I just like menswear. I wear pants for everything. Just don't care for skirts and dresses at this time. So all these brands are really helpful.
    Thank you!

8. Gap, Piazza Sempione, Etro.

maxxout likes this.
  9. the last 2 trousers i bought are from Zara. super comfy and good quality

maxxout likes this.
  10. Gucci, Joseph and M&S

maxxout likes this.
  11. Thank you to all who have listed brands.❤️. It's so helpful. I recently got a pair of Annette Gortz trousers that are a linen blend and really like them. Also a slim version of the Row. I'm keeping a list of every brand that you all have mentioned.

Papertiger , who is M&S? Never thought of Gucci but will go to their store in Beverly Hills next time I'm in LA. I bought a top from Joseph ages ago and forgot about that brand. Will look into that too. Thank you!

12. Gucci's a bit 'fashion forward' at the moment, I hope there are still some staples to be found among the statements.

M&S= Marks and Spencer - but they have to be the right ones. They have pointless devisions of in-house brands, most of them are mediocre. Go for M&S Collection (basics/workwear - cotton/2% elastane cropped trousers were great and I bought navy and black). Autograph (their premium range) and Best of British (made in the UK) are usually good too - sometimes it's a joy to have machine washable clothes.

If you like/d AD (a label I also loved for years and years) I'd look at Helmut Lang and Joseph first

13. Right now I'm loving Vince, Helmut Lang, Lafayette 148 and Boss

14. Yes, Gucci has been really interesting lately with 3D graphics on all the fabric. If I time LA to go this month, I should be able to be there when the majority of fall/ winter stuff comes in . I've noticed that in LA , more than other cities, the sales associates snag all the good stuff for their clients. From my experience, you really have to be a shark to find the best stuff in Beverly Hills.
    Marks and Spencer sounds intreaguing. My favorite brand for a long time was Paul Harnden. He's very reclusive and only ships to two stores in the US but his garments are handmade in England. I have a lot of his jackets but his trousers don't work for me. I'm going to google Marks and Spencer right now. Thanks!

papertiger likes this.
  15. I realize I'm late to the party but I recently found a brand called Nili Lotan in Barneys that had adorable casual trousers...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice