What is your favorite Bal leather??

reovi

O.G.
Jul 14, 2006
Inspired by Connie’s comment earlier, what is YOUR favorite leather/color? Is it the 05 teal like Connie? Feel free to post a pic of your fave if you already have a bag with it. Would love to hear opinions on this (didn’t find it had already been discussed).
I still love my 06 ink city best and how beautifully it has aged without fading!

Reactions: PikaboICU
I posted elsewhere in chat, my 08 Sapphire is without a doubt my favorite.
It's the chewy leather and I LOVE it..
That said; IMO all the leathers are beautiful for different reasons.. I love them all for their unique qualities. :love:
I'm a purple fanatic and 95% of my bags are shades of purple but these GORGEOUS Teals!!! Now I want one.. :P

I love all my Bals for different reasons, so I'm not sure it's my favorite of them all, but I adore my eggplant WE. It's the silkiest and softest leather I've felt so far. Want to touch it all the time. And the "shimmer" is killing me every time the bag catches the sun light. So beautiful :love:
AND my monk, of course. Somehow a special kind of leather. Like with suede, you either love or hate it I guess. I would love to get my hands on a tough moto bag in great condition.

I love all my Bals for different reasons, so I'm not sure it's my favorite of them all, but I adore my eggplant WE. It's the silkiest and softest leather I've felt so far. Want to touch it all the time. And the "shimmer" is killing me every time the bag catches the sun light. So beautiful :love:
AND my monk, of course. Somehow a special kind of leather. Like with suede, you either love or hate it I guess. I would love to get my hands on a tough moto bag in great condition.

Eggplant WE?? Oh my stars, you won the Eggplant lottery.. :love:
I have a First (I forgot & thought I had a City till I dredged up some pics) I also have some smaller bags & wallets but..
I have a small clutch/makeup case that is just beyond lovely. It looks like velvet.. I imagine that's what your WE looks like..
Share that baby!!
I would probably put that on my nightstand & stare at it though the night. :lol:
I laugh but I have done that with new shoes.. What can I say, I grew up poor.

My shimmery/velvety Eggplant..
1.jpg

Eggplant WE?? Oh my stars, you won the Eggplant lottery.. :love:
I have a First (I forgot & thought I had a City till I dredged up some pics) I also have some smaller bags & wallets but..
I have a small clutch/makeup case that is just beyond lovely. It looks like velvet.. I imagine that's what your WE looks like..
Share that baby!!
I would probably put that on my nightstand & stare at it though the night. :lol:
I laugh but I have done that with new shoes.. What can I say, I grew up poor.

My shimmery/velvety Eggplant..
View attachment 5695544
Uhm...I need this cutie. It's adorable, love it.
Here's my lil Eggy :girlsigh:
20221026_131131.jpg
I promised @muchstuff my firstborn or something for determining the color due to characteristic wrinkling. Still can't get over this, LOL :lol:

Uhm...I need this cutie. It's adorable, love it.
Here's my lil Eggy :girlsigh:

I promised @muchstuff my firstborn or something for determining the color due to characteristic wrinkling. Still can't get over this, LOL :lol:

I can die happy now!! :loveeyes::loveeyes: Wow! That is beyond stunning. Just freaking GOR GE OUS... :love: :love: :love:
Yeah I would have given a digit or two for that bag!!! :blush:

I love the old leathers, but a surprising standout year for me was 2007, both for leather quality and the colors. 07 Anthracite, Mogano, Tomato, Steel, Grape, and my favorite of all, Vert Fonce. It is to my undying shame and regret that at one point I owned ALL OF THESE, and sold ALL OF THEM. The pain of regret only grows. Father time ain't healing nothing there.

I love the old leathers, but a surprising standout year for me was 2007, both for leather quality and the colors. 07 Anthracite, Mogano, Tomato, Steel, Grape, and my favorite of all, Vert Fonce. It is to my undying shame and regret that at one point I owned ALL OF THESE, and sold ALL OF THEM. The pain of regret only grows. Father time ain't healing nothing there.
I love 07 as well.