What is your favorite Bal leather??

Norm.Core

Lo-Fi Bal Stan
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I adore super distressed soft leather too but like smoother leather on bigger bags. Not my favorite of all, but my favorite for black City leather. My 05 Black City kills me.

View attachment 5700379
Hubba hubba! ❤️

Umm, might I ask... what IS your favourite of all?! I am always curious about the super collectors here if they do have a secret favourite. :graucho:

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
I had to sit on this question for a bit... To have a really good think. I have owned Bals from the golden days of Chevre and there’s so much insane leather back then.

But I have to admit, the one that makes me happiest is my 01 FBF. It is the most distressed Chevre. It’s probably an acquired taste since the distressing is intense... But oh man, for me, it is pure joy to have. I can’t quit this bag! ❤️

View attachment 5700291 View attachment 5700292 View attachment 5700293
Fabulous bag! :drool:

Norm.Core

Lo-Fi Bal Stan
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
So hard to choose one. My mind always goes back to a teal Day I sold a decade ago. I have to hunt for a photo, but photos can’t really project the way the leather feels..
Yeah, photos can’t fully show the lushness of leather and how tactile these Bals are.

I hope you can find an old pic of the Teal Day. Cuz knowing that you’ve been collecting for years and for this particular bag to still be your top pick, it must’ve been spectacular.

Reactions: Deco and PikaboICU

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Yeah, photos can’t fully show the lushness of leather and how tactile these Bals are.

I hope you can find an old pic of the Teal Day. Cuz knowing that you’ve been collecting for years and for this particular bag to still be your top pick, it must’ve been spectacular.
I was curious too, wondering if I'd elevated it to some magical memory. Found photos on an old external HD. Still makes my heart thump.. Selling it was idiotic, a nod to being responsible and keeping only those bags that worked well with my colors at the time. :frown:

102_1293.JPG

102_1294.JPG

charmteal.jpg

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014

reovi

O.G.
Jul 14, 2006

Norm.Core

Lo-Fi Bal Stan
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
Oh @Conni618 it does look like amazing Chevre. These bags from back then are truly special. That’s what I love about Bal oldies. They’re really one of a kind, depending on the leather and each one has their own singular beauty.

I try not to think about past bags that I’ve sold since it pains me. Haha But I remember my old black Weekender with Pewter hardware that had the silkiest leather and I also wonder if I’ve elevated it to this Unicorn. So many of us here have our stoopid regrettable stories of selling old Bals, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. :hugs: