Workplace What is your degree in? What is your career?

BA in Political Science (which was dumb, I did this as my advisor told me at the time it was the best degree for law school - not true)
MBA in Finance
JD & licensed attorney in the US
I work for a major international law firm but I am on the business development side of things - not practicing. Maybe one day. Although I see myself in a C Suite role ultimately vs. a practicing lawyer.
I'm all about women empowerment and boss babes! I'm lucky my firm champions that same sentiment as well.
Really? Why? Could you elaborate?

Next year I'm going to get a degree in Computer Science. I want to work in IT after graduation.Right now I'm working on my research. I've already found a writing service to help me with grammar and plagiarism check and save my time. I just hope I'll pass all exams at the highest level.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many areas of the law, that in my opinion, you should get a degree in the area of law you're most interested in: Ex: economics (corporate law), healthcare, technology, etc. a Political Science degree is NOT necessary to get into law school, and is a really limiting degree (unless you live in DC) if you end up not going to law school. My advice: Get your BA in something that can get you a job regardless if you go to grad school after or not. Law schools just want you to have good grades and LSAT scores.

There are so many areas of the law, that in my opinion, you should get a degree in the area of law you're most interested in: Ex: economics (corporate law), healthcare, technology, etc. a Political Science degree is NOT necessary to get into law school, and is a really limiting degree (unless you live in DC) if you end up not going to law school. My advice: Get your BA in something that can get you a job regardless if you go to grad school after or not. Law schools just want you to have good grades and LSAT scores.

I have to agree with the bold part above. I got my BA in Political Science because I intended to go to law school and thought it was the best degree for that purpose. However, I changed my mind and ended up not going to law school and it was extremely hard for me to get a job after undergrad. I searched for about 6 months until I finally got an entry level position in sales operations. This was in 2012, so the economic climate may have had something to do with it, but I still think a degree in economics or something else would have helped me out more.

Luckily, I was able to go back to school for my MBA in Finance and Accounting and will be working in financial services after I graduate this June.

Reactions: Fashion412