What is your definition of a "FAKE"????

the thing is, all of the fakes that ARE super quality end up costing as much as the real deal, sometimes MORE!
definition IMO: anything that exactly duplicates a designers trademarked idea in ANY way without permission.

or course, people can make designer inspired bags, and make the feel of the bag the same, but not the ENTIRE look.

the thing is, all of the fakes that ARE super quality end up costing as much as the real deal, sometimes MORE!
definition IMO: anything that exactly duplicates a designers trademarked idea in ANY way without permission.

or course, people can make designer inspired bags, and make the feel of the bag the same, but not the ENTIRE look.

exactly! I've never understood people who pay for that.. you might aswell save a "lil" bit more and go for the real thing! At least then you won't be embarressed if someone questions it!

I hate seeing stuff like this on national television... wtf? How can they condone the fakes industry? I agree, not everyone can afford a designer bag, but in that case, get a nice quality leather bag that's less than $200! Heck, I only have one LV and I got a bargain on it because it's pre-owned. Fakes look awful on everyone. AND YES, YOU CAN TELL even if you're not an expert.

Simple...

A FAKE Vuitton is something that has not been produced by Vuitton.
And in order for something to be considered authentic, it should be purchased directly from an authorized licensed dealer of LV products, like Eluxury, or Vuitton itself.

That's terrible. The fakes epidemic is bad enough as it is without these people being encouraged to buy fakes and think it's okay or "as good as the real thing." If you knowingly buy an "imitation" LV, then clearly what you want is to own a Louis Vuitton item -- why settle for less?

I'm not even going to READ the article because I'm annoyed enough this morning but I know people are really irresponsible when it comes to fakes. All I have to do is look around my campus and I see all the fakes being carried with no qualms. One example..I was in the Starbucks on campus and this girl and her friend were next to me waiting for their drinks..one complimented the other on her "Gucci" tote and the girl goes, "Oh thanks, I got it in Spain. But yesterday I had my anatomy book in there and it tore the strap and I can't fix it!" :rolleyes:

IMO though, the "fakes" are the ones with the actual details down pat (i.e. stamping, stitching), the "inspired" ones are the ones that just copy the style but put a different design on the bags (i.e. the star, heart and spade ones). Those aren't so bad, it's when they use the actual designer's logos on their obviously fake bags that really annoys me to no end.

Some people are just plain ignorant. They don't know about the world of knockoff's and what they are all about! They really need to be educated! Maybe we shold all get together and tell them our reasons why we HATE fakes and we HATE the fact that they are ina a way telling people to buy them becuase there isn't a difference!

WE ALL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE DON'T WE?

What nonsense is this!! Theres nothing like a real 1.. A FAKE is a replica of the Real thing by bizman trying to make money without using their brains..

Fakes come about as a result of stealing ideas like....100% from the original? So how original issit end of the day?? -THAT IS THEFT-and STEALING IS WRONG WRONG WRONG.

My thought is...

to everyone in the world!

Buying a imitation/counterfeit (whatever you call it...) of a gucci/louis vuitton etc. luxury item? Good or Bad is your personal opinion...!!!

If you're happy with a gucci 99% imitation...be happy!
BUT DON'T GO AROUND SAYING "IT'S GENUINE"
i think that's the big bad deal...

because we have to keep in mind there are people who like the design of the item, but can't actually afford the designer label of the item...so they buy the 99% imitation...good go ahead...but just answer "na...its just an imitation.../its not real etc" to the compliments or questions you're asked about the item...:tup:

let people buy what they want...but buying counterfeits and carrying it proudly walking around telling people its genuine and acting all luxury??? no no no...never...:tdown:

:Push: just my thoughts...lol

That article is wrong. No illegal trade should be encouraged like that. However, I do often wonder if we completely brought this upon ourselves... we flaunt our bags with abandon and everyone compliments us, and celebrities are shown with them all the time, I don't think I can blame anyone for wanting in on that. The thing we first say when we flaunt our bags is 'it's LV' or 'it's Chloe!', but you can' do that with lower end bags and it just doesn't have that same effect. Sure, we can all say that it's because we really appreciate the brand, and I don't question that at all, but people with designer bags get more attention than non designer, and everyone wants to be looked at, to be admired.

I also think if anyone did buy a fake, it's their choice. Like madein18 said, don't go around telling everyone it's real. Lying to yourself is not nice. And I know, i've heard the stories about illegal and terrorism and so on so forth but I also know that sometimes, people sell fakes as a means for survival.

But that story is wrong, completely wrong, and because so many people want designer and can't afford it, I have to say that that story is simply a way to cash in on the masses.

fake to me means, all the markings of the real deal not made by the designer.
There was a storyon A Current Affair tonight news prog like CNN and they had a news special "fake designer goods Why fashionists say you don't need the real thing to look amazing" With top guru supporting the use of fakes quote "nowadays fakes are so good even the experts have a hard time telling the differences....... why bother spending all that money when you can have the same and cheaper" I couldn't believe they were promoting the use of fake bags on national TV with no regards to copyright issues respect for branding.

Am I just over reacting and did I just misunderstand the meaning of the word FAKE. Ladies and Gents what is your definition of FAKE

The article link is here

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=292229