What is your daily mileage?

My one-way commute is 40 miles and it's in traffic! yuck. If you have
an opportunity to advance your career (gain more experience) and you
are at a time in your life when that is important, then I would do it.
Change is definitely a good thing! Good luck with your decision.

if i just go to work and home: 11 miles a day round trip. if i go anywhere, it's not far.. so i do a max of about 30-40 miles a day for errands/etc. i heart how OC has practically everything. :smile:

i once had a job in hollywood, and that was a 90mile a day trip for me, which took me way more than an hour each way. going into hollywood (hollywood & highland to be exact) from OC is horrific. i remember it once took me 3 hours to get HOME.

It takes me a bus ride to get to mine, like a 3 minutes bus ride. I would move if they give me steady hours and overtime pay of 1.5 when there is overtime. I don't get either right now which sucks but after my term is up, I'm not staying here.

When I lived in Cali I used to commute...

45 miles to Sacramento for work everyday for a 1/2 day and then in the afternoon an extra 20 miles to Davis...then 65 miles (give or take a few) home.

I HATED it!!!!! I contemplated going to berkeley (was accepted and all) and I decided I couldn't do 90 miles each way.

I think you need to decide if the gas (I spent over $300 a month and this was a year ago when gas was cheaper...it was a 4 cylinder truck) and the expenses on your vehicle (I had to get an oil change about every 3-4 weeks...put on 36,000 miles in less than a year...truck was brand new and was worth nothing!) are worth it.
In addition, also need to decide if you want to give up 2-6 hours a day sitting in your car (I say 2 hours if you run into no traffic, and 6 hours for accidents.....YES one day my commute was that long - highway 5 was shut down for an accident).

Scary thing for me....after a couple weeks commuting I would literally "skip" towns...one minute I'm merging onto freeway and the next I'm coming into Sacramento...totally missed seeing 2 towns in between.

I travel about 20 mins to work each way. A few years ago when i just got out of college, my first job was in another state and it took me an hour or more each way (30 miles each way). It was exausting. I don't think any amount of money can get me to do it again.
In your case, it sounds extremely far. 120 miles everyday! Unless this new job is really promising and you'll gain alot of great experience, i'd reconsider.
Good luck

Yikes, that sounds so far to me!! I dont know, I live like 20-25 miles outside of Chicago and in rush hour traffic it can take over an hour... to go only 20 miles! I take the public trans into the city and drive about 2 miles to the station...

It would have to be A LOT more money to convince me to take that job. Or, if you're considering moving (don't know if you own and are stuck or rent and are flexible). It sounds like it could be a good opportunity careerwise, but I think after a while that commute would get pretty old and tiring.

I spend a lot of time in my car, but I put hardly any miles on it. I live in NYC, and I can run all over town and end up going, like 15 miles. It cracks me up; I fill my tank maybe twice a month.

my job is only 8 miles away. it only takes about 15 minutes if there's traffic. my bf lives 40 miles away, and i go to his house often. i rack on the miles on my car...i got it last october and it already has about 16,000 miles on it.

My current job is about 4 miles from home (1 way), I usually go home for lunch.

I used to work for a company that's 80 miles from home (1 way), the commute was extremely tiring. I would leave home very early & stay at work past dinner time to avoid traffic. My typical day consisted of time on the road, work, lunch, work, time on the road, dinner, and sleep. I had no life during weekdays and I was too exhausted during the weekend to do anything. Didn't take long for my weigh to drop to its all-time low (as an adult). Personally, I wouldn't do that again....

My last job was 12 miles from my house. My (hopefully) new job is more like 20. For school, I drive 25, 60, and 85 miles each way (but all on different days, haha)! My boyfriend lives 13 miles from me. I drive a LOT.

Satellite radio make the drives more bareable :biggrin: But do the math, and take into consideration that gas prices may skyrocket soon. :sad: