What is your "comfort level" of the dollar amount you are willing to spend on a LV handbag?

I would say 3k usd unless it’s hardsided runway, then it can get out of control. :eek:But I don’t buy hardsided runway bags often as they are quite pricy and impossible to resell unless i take a 50% haircut so I only buy them as permanent collectibles.

Reactions: Kodi325
Oof. So I (unfortunately?) love exotics. I know they can be a bit of a hot topic in recent years but I love them and LV has the best exotics imo. So my max price is heavily influenced by the price tags on exotics.

on regular materials from LV, I think anything over $5k gives me pause. I think I’m out of the norm as I typically don’t buy LV canvas bags unless it’s a unique seasonal version.

Under 4k for LV. The only reason I haven't bought the Capucines, which I LOVE, is that I look to Chanel once I get into that price territory. But LV leather in the 3k range? Fine with it.

This is a great question. I'm hoping that we can travel again to Japan in a couple of years and thought I'd treat myself while there. The amount I have in mind is around $2000-2500 but it would have to be magical. I can also see myself buying 3 smaller items instead.

Reactions: BowieFan1971
This is GREAT! Covid made me reassess a lot of things including my purchasing habit and I overthink every single purchase now and if I am not 100 percent happy it just does not come home with me. You can only carry one handbag at a time, use one wallet at a time. There are so many pretty things out there in the world but do I need to possess them all? No! As silly as this sounds - when I go to the mall now and go to LV, Dior, Chanel, etc. I think of it like going to an art gallery where I can admire all the workmanship and artistry but it all can stay at the mall and not come home with me. Financial and emotional and spiritual health is much more important. So I am soooo proud of you girlfriend! You do what is right for YOU. xoxoxoxoxoox Wendy

I was the total opposite. Pre-COVID, I was content with my Montaigne mm, Sarah wallet, and my Pallas clutch — purchased in November 2018 for my 30th birthday/early Master’s gift to myself. Once COVID hit, I was temporarily laid off due to the shutdown. I deep cleaned the apartment and went window online shopping. I came across the Taigarama blue cold card holder and became obsessed with LV.

Didn’t help that COVID had us cancel our wedding, so I compensated by spending the money on LV instead of my wedding.

The most I spent on an LV canvas bag was about $2.8k. It was the OTG GM reverse monogram. I wouldn’t spend anything more than $3k for LV leather.

I like to say I’ve calmed down a bit. Now that everything is starting to open up, I am re-evaluating my collection. I’ve sold some bags I haven’t touched in months and focusing on cultivating my collection.

I was the total opposite. Pre-COVID, I was content with my Montaigne mm, Sarah wallet, and my Pallas clutch — purchased in November 2018 for my 30th birthday/early Master’s gift to myself. Once COVID hit, I was temporarily laid off due to the shutdown. I deep cleaned the apartment and went window online shopping. I came across the Taigarama blue cold card holder and became obsessed with LV.

Didn’t help that COVID had us cancel our wedding, so I compensated by spending the money on LV instead of my wedding.

The most I spent on an LV canvas bag was about $2.8k. It was the OTG GM reverse monogram. I wouldn’t spend anything more than $3k for LV leather.

I like to say I’ve calmed down a bit. Now that everything is starting to open up, I am re-evaluating my collection. I’ve sold some bags I haven’t touched in months and focusing on cultivating my collection.
I did a bit of that too had to cancel
My wedding, mom got a brain tumor/cancer diagnosis, grandmother developed dementia...found vintage bags online and got pretty decent at rehabbing them. Now, after some retail therapy, I want to curate my collection and am finding selling them to be a spin in the butt at the moment. No matter how reasonable and researched my prices are, everyone wants bags for 30-50% off asking price. I have about had it!

I feel like the more I buy, the more my limit gradually increases! That being said, I can see spending more than $2,500. I just got a new PM and spent that, but I thought about it a lot before deciding to buy. I can’t see myself spending more than that, which is why I will probably never get a Chanel. I just can’t justify the price.

Get a preloved one! That's what I did. I got it from Malleries in 2014 for $700 in pristine condition. Granted, it's a hobo and not a flap (I didn't want a flap), but still ...