What is your "comfort level" of the dollar amount you are willing to spend on a LV handbag?

Lately I've been thinking about what I want in my life. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable spending $1500 over a handbag unless I'm earning a large amount of money. While there are handbags I would love to own like a classic vintage single-flap Chanel, I need to focus on my future more than handbags. I also want to focus on appreciating what I have rather than focusing on what I do not have. These are not necessties - these are frivilous desires. I also want to start focusing on working out again.

Co
I feel like I'm done buying bags, but that may be because I've been working from home for over a year now and have carried nothing but a NF (Mon Mono) the majority of the time and toggled between my NF DA and my Neo Noe last summer. The more than 20 leather bags in my closet haven't even seen the light of day. Makes me embarrassed to even own them, to be honest.

Maybe when we can finally go back into the office (likely not before September, and even then it looks like it won't be more than 1-2 times a week) and start going out and travelling again I'll be happy to pull out my bags again. I can't tell if I'm just over it or if my bag love is just suffering from Covid fatigue and will recover.

I've focused on improving my health and fitness over the last year. I've lost 50 pounds and work out daily. I may not have bought any bags, but I could have bought a Birkin with my tab for the Lululemon, Arcteryx, insane amount of Brooks, hiking boots, gear to run/hike in any weather, etc. I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe; I've had to replace everything in my life except socks.

I don't see myself spending on a bag anytime soon. I'm 55 and maybe five years out from retirement; the reality is that my lifestyle is casual/active. My husband will retire in the next year or so and there are some renos we'd like to do while we're still dual income. Travel is our passion and the thing we miss most. After being housebound this long I'd rather take a trip (or five) than get a couple of bags.

I'm genuinely glad to have the LV bags and SLGs that I do and still love my Lady Dior clutches (bought at launch before the price went way up), but I could give up 2/3 of my leather bags and never miss them. I really hope I fall back in love with my collection after all this is over.
Congrats on your journey to better health:tup:

Reactions: Pagan and mixlv
Lately I've been thinking about what I want in my life. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable spending $1500 over a handbag unless I'm earning a large amount of money. While there are handbags I would love to own like a classic vintage single-flap Chanel, I need to focus on my future more than handbags. I also want to focus on appreciating what I have rather than focusing on what I do not have. These are not necessties - these are frivilous desires. I also want to start focusing on working out again.
This is GREAT! Covid made me reassess a lot of things including my purchasing habit and I overthink every single purchase now and if I am not 100 percent happy it just does not come home with me. You can only carry one handbag at a time, use one wallet at a time. There are so many pretty things out there in the world but do I need to possess them all? No! As silly as this sounds - when I go to the mall now and go to LV, Dior, Chanel, etc. I think of it like going to an art gallery where I can admire all the workmanship and artistry but it all can stay at the mall and not come home with me. Financial and emotional and spiritual health is much more important. So I am soooo proud of you girlfriend! You do what is right for YOU. xoxoxoxoxoox Wendy

Hard to really name a specific dollar amount. It depends on the bag. I gravitate towards leather pieces nowadays so I am usually flexible with the pricing as LV's prices vary by leather. I have to love the bag, and if I feel the price is ridiculous for it (especially if the color or style is too trendy - then I'll pass, no matter how 'reasonable' of a deal it seemingly sounds at the time).

If the price range falls within Chanel's or H's more coveted bags, I'd most likely go to H instead.

Reactions: Loriad
For me I think my comfort level is around $2500 for LV. Anything more and I would have to really love it. I don't think I would go above $3500 for LV. If I start looking at that price range for bags then I would prefer to go to Hermes.
I'm with you on this. I can't go above $2,500 for LV but I do want an Hermes Evelyne PM and I'm willing to spend the money for a new bag. That said, I need to sell a lot of houses (I'm a Realtor) and save up for the purchase or I won't feel good about it. I need to feel I've "earned" something that pricey vs just buying it because the money is in the bank. I'm also pretty darn close to Purse Peace and the Evelyne may well achieve that.

I've reconsidered since this post and while I still feel like the Evelyn is my new-bag spending limit - I feel more comfortable spending on it. I think partially because I just splurged on the mon mono speedy B 35, partially because I've been earning more, and partially because I know how much use I would get out of the Evelyn. Interesting how perspective changes over time.

I really think, with the addition of the mon mono speedy 35, my LV collection is good for now and I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Evelyn in 2021. Planning for a 2021 Evelyn for sure!

I have the Evelyne TPM and love it! I also have the Picotin and love that as well....

Reactions: MooMooVT