What is your "comfort level" of the dollar amount you are willing to spend on a LV handbag?

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
I cringe a little at anything over $2500. But I know this is all relative to one’s income. $2500 might be a little steep for me, but for someone else it is the equivalent to adding guacamole to a Chipotle order.

That said, for the right item and circumstance I would splurge. I do have items on my radar but so far nothing has motivated me to go over my own personal threshold.

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
this is all relative to one’s income.
It really is. I have a feeling that the forum members here — since all are bag lovers — have a very very similar comfort level relative to their income, but it really depends on exactly that. For a regular guy anything leather LV might off the menu, for Jeffree it probably is a Diamond encrusted Porosus Golf Set.

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
It really is. I have a feeling that the forum members here — since all are bag lovers — have a very very similar comfort level relative to their income, but it really depends on exactly that. For a regular guy anything leather LV might off the menu, for Jeffree it probably is a Diamond encrusted Porosus Golf Set.
Jeffree’s collection makes me swoon!

Moxisox

Mar 14, 2020
Hmmm. This is a hard one for me. I have so many handbags that I know exactly what I like in a bag. Because of this I am pretty particular and picky with bags I choose to buy. Last summer, my husband’s gift to me for my birthday was 5K to spend on a bag of my choosing. I searched and searched For several months, and there wasn’t a bag I actually liked enough to spend 5K on. I ended up getting 3 bags and a few SLG’s instead.

lv_katie

Sep 24, 2018
PSM reverse and Pochette Metis reverse used to be high sought after but after recent price increases where they are over $2k I notice they are always "add to bag" now

Reactions: LVCoffeeAddict

Loriad

Jul 28, 2020
Pochette Metis in Empriente is the most I've spent. That was a stretch for me, mentally not financially. But I love the bag and since I started using it, I try not to think about the price. I also sold a couple of wallets to justify it to myself somewhat. Would I do it again? Not anytime soon, but maybe in the future if the right bag comes along.

Andradia

Oct 26, 2019
North Carolina
2k is pretty much the max for me, and hard for me to justify mentally. Coach 1941 makes up the bulk of my collection....for some reason I think nothing of buying 3-4 of those in a short time frame...but when I buy just one LV I have to really think about it. Makes no sense, does it? I currently have 4 LV's, with the most expensive being the MWT Speedy I bought last November. I'm hoping to get an Alma BB epi for Christmas this year, but think I missed the boat on the color I want. I imagine this next price increase will probably price me out of LV.....

hellectra

May 19, 2019
I shy away from looking at and buying handbags that are priced over $2,500. I might stretch this amount, but only if I find one that I cannot resist. Unlikely though.
Hmmm It really depends, I won't feel like going over 2500 either and yet I think the Capucines BB is stunning and I did spend the extra (twice..) as I think this one is on pair with similar alternatives from other brands :smile: