Travel What is your biggest dislike when traveling?

the flight - I am scared to death

Omg,me too!
wirr10.gif

Getting seasick on boats

Packing and unpacking. Especially trying to cram in souvenirs into my bag at the end of my trip and realizing I took so much stuff I did not wear.

Taking the plane/train etc and being stuck next to someone who smells or is passing gas. Just had this happen on a flight and it was horrible!!!!!

Mine was the food (yes eating out can be nice, but it's hard to stick with healthy options and a timely schedule). But after my last few flights I'm going with all of the screaming kids and clueless travelers!

Oh the hotels! I honestly don't mind anything else--the crowded planes, the crying kids, the crazy airport security checks, the hauling of luggage. But the hotels just kill me. Seems we(or I) always end up with a noisy room with noisy neighbors, a snippy hotel staff that doesn't want to change us to a quieter room, maids that riffle through my suitcase, and management that always wants to charge me upon check-out for cracking open the wet-bar frig to store my bread and cheese. I hate the hotels. Sometimes I think I'd rather sleep in the airport.

A-holes on planes. Snorers on planes. People who take their shoes of on planes and don't realize they smell. People who have bad BO on planes. Loud talkers on planes. People who don't flush or don't know how to...again ON PLANES.

I flew a connection flight from Qatar to Shanghai 2 days ago (Qatar Airlines is very nice) and this idiot behind me was pressing into his TV touchscreen which is located at the back of my head rest like he was hammering a nail! He literally shook my entire seat with every press...I think he was playing an on board game. At first, I thought he had leg spasms because my seat shook so hard, then I saw his shadow and realized it was his fingers pressing pressing pressing on the screen.

After 30 minutes of head poking...I turned around and let him have it. He was blabbering something in his language and making poking gestures and I did the same except I shook my entire head rest so he would get the point. He stopped POKING me after that. LOL. A-hole.

^on a similar note it drives me crazy when the person behind me grabs my seat in order to pull themselves up from their own seat. I realize it's not so easy to stand for everyone but are they that clueless that they don't realize how uncomfortable it makes me when they pull my seat back violently??

I'll never forget the time I discovered a giant HAIRBALL lodged in my tray on a plane.
Not a strand or two of hair... oh no. A giant, freaking hairball.

I had opened the tray while waiting for the beverage cart to come to my row.
When the attendant reached me I showed it to her... She simply picked it up with a napkin, threw it away, and proceeded to ask me what I wanted to drink.

No apologies or anything.
I was so disgusted! How is that even remotely sanitary? :sick::rant: