What is your all time Favourite Handbag?

SequinCinders

thesequincinderella
Dec 31, 2011
If you could pick one bag to have for the rest of your life... any designer, any budget, what would it be? You do not have to own it already!

My favourite bag is my neon pink graffiti speedy by Louis Vuitton but I think if I were to have one bag only I would choose something more classic like a Chanel maxi flap in Black.

Interested to hear all your choices...
mine may have changed by the end of this post lol x

My YSL Crest leather Easy in beige. It is undoubtedly the most versatile and easiest (pardon the pun) I have ever owned. Even though I am in a heavy duty BV phase, this is my best buy in years.

I love this thread. I really do! I was just thinking to myself the other day this exact question. I am sorry to say, I haven't come up with an answer yet. It seems every bag has a flaw ie., too wide, too big, too open, strap is too short; too long, open top, no zipper; the inner pockets are too skimpy; the bag isn't suede lined, it's too heavy; the contents get lost, have to rummage around, the leather is too stiff or too delicate, etc. :sweatdrop:

I'm looking forward to seeing peoples' answers so I can research new ideas.

Some amazing choices so far! And even though I have typed my answer already you guys are reminding me of so many more bags! I'd die of frustration if I actually had to make this choice :smile: x

My personal top 3:

1. Balenciaga City with regular hardware, black (lightweight, roomy, edgy, youthful, no visible logos)
2. Chanel jumbo flap bag, in black, beige or red caviar leather (classic, luxurious, structured, can be worn messenger style, day to night)
3. Dior Gaucho double saddle, off-white/beige (fun, quirky, different compartments, sturdy leather, very 'me')

LV Speedy 25 in Damier Ebene - which I do have. Even that is not 'perfect' because I don't like the way the cellphone pocket 'flaps out' rather than being attached on three sides, but it's the best bag I've found for me. I even buy the same size and shape in other brands when I can find them (I don't take my LV to work).

My favorite bag of ALL time would have to be a little black vinyl kiss lock purse I bought at Old Navy about 10 years ago. (If memory serves, it cost like $20.) I carried that batboy for a YEAR straight! It fit so well in my bottom filing drawer at work, and did the duty of toting the vital necessities. It was small, I eventually grew out of it, but it was SUCH a cute bag! It even had white piping on it.

It was a FUN bag....it started off my addiction to kiss lock closures, that's for sure!

My mission in life is to find a shoulder-style bag with a kiss lock closure. THAT would be my holy grail bag. I do see some, occasionally, but they are either too far out of my budget or simply the handheld style. I've discovered now that I need a larger style and I prefer a shoulder bag.