What is wrong with (non tPF) online forums?

Serina

Handbags and Horses
Jul 4, 2009
Just looked in on a few online discussions outside tPF and came running back. :-s

I think tPF is the only forum Ive seen where people dont constantly put eachother down and critisize (and everything allways comes down to a discussion on the gramatics in some random post...):tdown:

Anyways: tPF should win some award or something for having the sweetest members and nicest tone.:hugs:

I dont think Ive ever seen a mean or critisizing post on tPF... :smile: You are allways encouraging and sweet no matter the subject! and if there is a disagreement it never turns into an on-forum unreasonable arguement.

Maybe we just have great MODs, but I like to think that tPF is a place full of nice people from all over the world that share a passion for purses and anything else that can be hanged upon ones body for enhanced prettyness:girlsigh:

Merry Christmas!

There are some pretty catty responses here and there.

Honestly, I don't let anything people say really bother me..on any forum. If you're so petty that you have to take childish jabs at me, then go right ahead.

There are some criticising posts and catty replies here and there, but let's face it, isn't that what usually happens when people ask for opinions or get together in a group IRL? (Personally, I don't have a problem when people disagree, because we're not all the same.)
In many aspects, this forum is moderated very strictly. One upside of that is it means there's not much freedom for trolls, troublemakers or spammers to run amok. As for the Mods, most do a decent job around here. It can be an ungrateful task trying to keep everyone happy all the time.

I think you all might be right that the reason ive never seen a downright mean comment in here is becaus of strict rules of the forum. There will allways be people who like leaving catty comments, but I think its good that those are moderated: I think a lot of people use forums to "vent" and take out non-related frustrations on other people. The fact that thats not possible here makes tPF better IMO.

There are some criticising posts and catty replies here and there, but let's face it, isn't that what usually happens when people ask for opinions or get together in a group IRL? (Personally, I don't have a problem when people disagree, because we're not all the same.)

In many aspects, this forum is moderated very strictly. One upside of that is it means there's not much freedom for trolls, troublemakers or spammers to run amok. As for the Mods, most do a decent job around here. It can be an ungrateful task trying to keep everyone happy all the time.

This. :goodpost:

I've seen some pretty harsh things said in the Celebrity threads here. Probably no worse than what you'd hear from Mr. Blackwell or Perez Hilton, but perhaps we're all getting out our cattyness in the RHoBH thread.

At the same token, there are some threads that are headdesk worthy. I find the good thing - perhaps given people's prospective ages, there don't seem to be a lot of pre-teens on here from what I can tell - is that people tend to just avoid headdesk threads more often than not, versus other forums where everyone and their aunt has an opinion.