What is wrong with me???? COACH related

mickiechickie

Jan 29, 2008
Hi all....I have been absent in action for awhile. I am having serious COACH issues...LOL! I wanted the Coach Hailey in chocolate siggy forever. My Hubby told me to find one on ebay since I was having no luck at the outlets. Finally found one NWOT in awesome shape and did buy it now. It is wrapped and under the tree BUT I am not sure I even want it now. Makes me so sad cause I have wanted it for ever then I finally got it and I am ho hum about it. What the heck? Is it just the thrill of the chase? I just want it to stop :wacko: .

Anyone else have this issue?? Thanks in advance for any "therapy" you can give me!

HAHA That's a lot like me actually. I've done that with a few bags. For me, I used it a couple of times to make sure it was either the "thrill of the chase" or me being scared that it wouldn't meet my expectations.

For some of my bags, I ended up falling in love with them again. others, I fell out of love with and sold them.

Hope that helps :smile:

I think that happens to a lot of people about a lot of things! The chase/anticipation can be really fun - when you're searching for that bag and it seems like it will make everything perfect but then when it's over, it's like... oh, now what. How many times have you seen that happen on a TV show? The two main characters finally get together and then... it gets canceled lol.

Don't worry! You're definitely not alone either - I've had that happen with a few bags. I think it's the end all be all to my handbag search and then when I finally have it I start to notice imperfections and little things I can't stand.

What I've tried to do lately is take a step back and really think about the pros and cons to try to avoid the build up/let down. It's worked pretty well so far! I think you might feel differently when it's in your hand and not wrapped up and out of sight. You might fall in love again!

P.S. For what it's worth, I think chocolate siggy Hailey is a BEAUTIFUL bag. :smile:

I think that happens to a lot of people about a lot of things! The chase/anticipation can be really fun - when you're searching for that bag and it seems like it will make everything perfect but then when it's over, it's like... oh, now what. How many times have you seen that happen on a TV show? The two main characters finally get together and then... it gets canceled lol.

This reminds me of one of my favorite Looney Tunes clips: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3454648/road_runner_caught_what_happens_next_lol/

Don't worry! You're definitely not alone either - I've had that happen with a few bags. I think it's the end all be all to my handbag search and then when I finally have it I start to notice imperfections and little things I can't stand.

What I've tried to do lately is take a step back and really think about the pros and cons to try to avoid the build up/let down. It's worked pretty well so far! I think you might feel differently when it's in your hand and not wrapped up and out of sight. You might fall in love again!

P.S. For what it's worth, I think chocolate siggy Hailey is a BEAUTIFUL bag. :smile:

OMG...you make me feel better! It is nice to know that I am not looking at things unrealistically. I will wait until after Christmas and try the bag and see - it is a gorgeous bag!

THANKS!!!

Hi,
I totally can relate to you!!! I get obsessed about a bag. (Especially after it is revealed here on TPF) and I want it! I find it and then I buy it and later end up returning or exchanging it for another bag.
Coach has really got a hold on us!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Yep-- this is like me.

And actually, this is why I'm on a temporary buying hiatus. I just don't get as much of a thrill anymore, and it's happened with the last 5-10 bags.... I don't intend to buy another Coach bag until I'm darned sure I'll actually get some enjoyment from it. I've developed a cold detachment that makes me think I'm *gasp* over buying new Coach for a while (I never thought the day would come!)