What is Wrong with Kelly Handles lately !

aisham

Sep 15, 2014
Almost 50% of brand new Kelly 25/28 that I see lately ( on IG ) come with a round handle ! or even bent to the side ! I don't think it is considered a defect and I know it is hard to make . But they didn't used to be like that last year . It is bothering me so much , what If I got offered a bag like this ! I have to decline it . I don't like how it looks . I know that Kelly handles with time become more round but WITH USE not brand new.

Almost 50% of brand new Kelly 25/28 that I see lately ( on IG ) come with a round handle ! or even bent to the side ! I don't think it is considered a defect and I know it is hard to make . But they didn't used to be like that last year . It is bothering me so much , what If I got offered a bag like this ! I have to decline it . I don't like how it looks . I know that Kelly handles with time become more round but WITH USE not brand new.
How about post a picture so we know what exactly a “round” and bent to side handle looks like?

I didn’t know if I can post screanshots from IG without offending anyone . Hermes told me that this is not a defect . But i like asymmetry and I like my kelly handles to look like this
BA26DF4E-73D4-4893-91EF-F517AC1B3A55.jpeg
978884CC-F3DD-4200-80A2-D8E91B71193C.jpeg
7F79F079-0368-4163-8550-4B5F6A2818B8.png
but lately i see bags like this

770E062D-A845-4AED-9AE1-8F82F5E215F5.jpeg
3D48944F-3C08-497F-AB6D-63B9583D8F70.jpeg

C2433B7D-8B7E-4D03-8977-64E3D62475B6.jpeg
9999CC35-0583-4A2C-A522-394BE16472B4.jpeg

2E117D0F-3BDF-457A-993F-C65B9C47C09C.png

A good percentage of the reveals on IG are not Hermés bags....there is that......

my friend bought a bag that looked like that . I was with her in store and her SA came out with a box that has the plastic still on so it was super fresh from paris . She rejected it and still waiting for another offer .

Well, in my experience Kelly handles do not become more round with use. They stretch a bit vertically, creating/increasing the more oval shape you prefer, or they bend a bit to one side or another which is easily fixed.
Anything else I might say is an authenticity issue related to specific non-H "manufacturers" and I would not post such here.

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Well, in my experience Kelly handles do not become more round with use. They stretch a bit vertically, creating/increasing the more oval shape you prefer, or they bend a bit to one side or another which is easily fixed.
Anything else I might say is an authenticity issue related to specific non-H "manufacturers" and I would not post such here.
The problem is , I saw a fresh on in store . Here is a picture of my friends bag that she rejected . The handle was more round than oval or pointy and it was crooked somehow. If I have never seen it with my own eyes I might say that they are not authentic . I posted this thread to know more about this . Is it normal ? I don'y think so :sad: .

500BCD9D-BA79-426D-8D6F-BB1FC4F74BCB.JPGIMG_3237.jpg

Are you certain they are all authentic Hermes bags?
I am not sure . I trust Luxlexicon and evclaireatelier . But I don't know if the pictures I posted are of authentic bags or not and that was why I didn't post pictures in the first post . I am not questioning the authenticity of the bag I saw , because my friend got offered a bag just like them . I am afraid more bags will be offered just like that . And what if an SO arrive , it has a handle like this. Am I the only one that is bothered by this ? :lol:

I have noticed this also this defect with other person who bought it from the store also there is a problem with the stiches And even the strap that closes the kelly my sister can hardly close her bag (stamp c )i have a collection of kellys from previous years but non of them had these issues.

Reactions: aisham
My Kellys (25 Togo, 28 BB and chèvre, 32 indigo box) all have a more or less “pointed“ handle arch in increasing order (ie, k25 has least pointed curve), which I prefer. I agree that a more rounded handle arch would bother me.

Reactions: aisham
I didn't notice the round arch until this thread I saw today. I went back to pictures I have taken from my K28 sellier I myself got from the store (so authenticity isn't a question) earlier in March before the lockdown and it is definitely more round. See my bag.20200307_104717.jpg

Reactions: FashionForwardChick